• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More love notes betwixt Gators and Knights

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,438
  • Days Won:  19

Florida AD Stricklin tweets back at the suggestion his Gators refused to play UCF at the Knights' Spectrum Stadium as part of their 2-for-1 discussions for future matchups back in 2018. Stricklin via Twitter yesterday: "Actually, UF did offer a true 2-for-1. I never said anything about the 1 having to be a neutral … not sure where that came from. Sometimes schools’ scheduling priorities just don’t match up. We’ve both moved on … no hard feelings. Good luck to UCF this year and beyond."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/florida-ad-quashes-rumors-about-gators-refusing-to-play-ucf-at-knights-stadium/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

So UCF had a shot at the same 2-1 deal USF got, even a date for the first game, but Danny Boy, with his holier-than-thou attitude, figured they're too good for that. Instead, wanting a 1-1 or one game at a neutral site.

I am open to playing anyone in the country, but shouldn’t have to put my team at a severe disadvantage by being forced to play two for ones or guarantee games.

How is that putting your team at a severe disadvantage?? I'd be embarrassed as a player and pissed as a fan for not getting a chance(s) to play elite programs.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I love it when the two schools I HATE the most are fighting.

restaurant come GIF