Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since we have alot of posters on this board who love travel and do it ALOT, I wanted to start a thread for people to share their favorite USF road trip and why. Here's mine:   My dad was a W

Haven't been to a ton of away games over the years but even if I had, I'm sure my favorite would still be the last B'ham bowl. Q's last game as a Bull, the awesome ending and him being gracious enough

a) Miami, '05. A large group of us stayed at the same hotel and went out on the town the night before (Coconut Grove) and chartered a bus to get from the hotel to the game and back afterwards.  b

Posted Images

Favorite USF road trip was to the Sun Bowl in El Paso Texas, we lost to OREGON but representing the Big East, wow I thought we were really finally going to be a relevant football program, but with the end of Big East football..........still my wife and I ate at this great cattle ranch on new years eve, visited White Sands,NM. Gilla National Forest, mountains, deserts, really memorable trip.

• Upvote 1

It was the first Birmingham bowl, it was after Christmas and my wife and two high school girls got in the car and did the 18 hr Round trip to watch them play South Carolina.  My wife’s best friend lives in Birmingham and between that visit, the street festival, happy hour, pregame Alumni party and a raucous USF crowd, we had a blast.  We were so full of optimism and certain that the next year was going to be our year, still remember chanting Charlie when he came down to the sidelines prior to him taking the reigns.  Remember thinking kids will be gone soon and I will miss that family time with them,  my oldest still does not hang up the phone with me without saying Go Bulls and every now and then we  break out the S O UT H F L O R I D A south Florida south Florida go Bulls!  Great memories.

a) Miami, '05. A large group of us stayed at the same hotel and went out on the town the night before (Coconut Grove) and chartered a bus to get from the hotel to the game and back afterwards. 

b) Sun Bowl, El Paso, '07. Went out two days before the game, rented a truck and did some sightseeing: White Sands, dinner at Cattleman's, Juarez, etc. Bulls Pen party the night before. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

a) Miami, '05. A large group of us stayed at the same hotel and went out on the town the night before (Coconut Grove) and chartered a bus to get from the hotel to the game and back afterwards. 

b) Sun Bowl, El Paso, '07. Went out two days before the game, rented a truck and did some sightseeing: White Sands, dinner at Cattleman's, Juarez, etc. Bulls Pen party the night before. 

I was at that game in the Orange Bowl and was a fun weekend in my old stomping grounds.

It was 2003 the second USF game I ever saw in person: USF vs Army at West Point. My son was seven at the time and we stayed in the same hotel as the team so we enjoyed watching the players walk around. Saw CJL in the lobby and he took a pic with my son. The morning of the game my son and I hop on the elevator and we were greeted by one other person, CJL. It was just three of us on the elevator for about 20 seconds. My son, because of the earlier picture with Leavitt, said hello. To make conversation I told Leavitt that they are going to smash Army today. Leavitt then went into a short speech using words like “powerful” and “precision” about Army and how USF was in for a tough game. My son turned to Leavitt and said “coach that’s why they play the game isn’t it?.” Leavitt looked at me and said “you have a future coach on your hands.” The doors opened and that would be my one only conversation with CJL.

Getting into the parking areas was high security. Soldiers with automatic weapons, bomb sniffing dogs, mirrors under cars, etc.  My kid and I made it to the picnic and the ESPN Game Day set. We also met Mr. Selmon who remembered my son from the prior year’s game against Uconn. Then the mother of all storms moved through and we got drenched running to the stadium. 

The game itself was nothing special, a 28 to 0 win, but it was so cool being around fellow Bull fans. When Halftime started Army blew a few rounds of cannon and startled my son so much he teared up...which I still bust on him about today. 

38 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It was the first Birmingham bowl, it was after Christmas and my wife and two high school girls got in the car and did the 18 hr Round trip to watch them play South Carolina.  My wife’s best friend lives in Birmingham and between that visit, the street festival, happy hour, pregame Alumni party and a raucous USF crowd, we had a blast.  We were so full of optimism and certain that the next year was going to be our year, still remember chanting Charlie when he came down to the sidelines prior to him taking the reigns.  Remember thinking kids will be gone soon and I will miss that family time with them,  my oldest still does not hang up the phone with me without saying Go Bulls and every now and then we  break out the S O UT H F L O R I D A south Florida south Florida go Bulls!  Great memories.

I was at that game as well. Very memorable day. 

31 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It was 2003 the second USF game I ever saw in person: USF vs Army at West Point. My son was seven at the time and we stayed in the same hotel as the team so we enjoyed watching the players walk around. Saw CJL in the lobby and he took a pic with my son. The morning of the game my son and I hop on the elevator and we were greeted by one other person, CJL. It was just three of us on the elevator for about 20 seconds. My son, because of the earlier picture with Leavitt, said hello. To make conversation I told Leavitt that they are going to smash Army today. Leavitt then went into a short speech using words like “powerful” and “precision” about Army and how USF was in for a tough game. My son turned to Leavitt and said “coach that’s why they play the game isn’t it?.” Leavitt looked at me and said “you have a future coach on your hands.” The doors opened and that would be my one only conversation with CJL.

Getting into the parking areas was high security. Soldiers with automatic weapons, bomb sniffing dogs, mirrors under cars, etc.  My kid and I made it to the picnic and the ESPN Game Day set. We also met Mr. Selmon who remembered my son from the prior year’s game against Uconn. Then the mother of all storms moved through and we got drenched running to the stadium. 

The game itself was nothing special, a 28 to 0 win, but it was so cool being around fellow Bull fans. When Halftime started Army blew a few rounds of cannon and startled my son so much he teared up...which I still bust on him about today. 

I was at that game as well. Very memorable day. 

I remember talking to Nate Godwin after the game and talking about going 2-10 his first year and being a skinny freshman running a blocked kick against Cincy for a td, and then his senior yr going 10-2.  He was a gracious good dude and my daughter still has his game gloves, love seeing Tampa players at USF.  His mother raised him right, just a happy guy enjoying the moment, hope he is doing well.

Not sure I could narrow it to one.  Had a blast in Chicago for the Illinois and ND games.  Also had a great time in Paso Robles for 4 nights before the San Jose game.  Always enjoy the trips to Texas for Houston or SMU and then there's Tulane.  Annapolis was fun last year.  Yep, too many to pick just one.

The trip to Grand Cayman last year is #2 on my list. While the outcomes weren't that great, it was a ton of fun watching the team up close.

20191125_133731.thumb.jpg.0ac95f89a4bd7a761cb5b93b3187c185.jpg

Edited by brybull1970
  • Brad featured this topic