• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is what happens...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The athletic department is doing a good job alienating fans and losing access to money. Who in their right mind would support this trash with their money, unless they have money to throw away?

I definitely don't have money to throw away, but I'll always support USF. Am I happy with what happened the last 3 years, of course not, but I'm optimistic for the future. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The trending up is all that really matters this year.   Hopefully competitive in conference.

I agree completely and I hope that we see it, if we do have tangible improvement I will be pumped and excited for the future and will have no problem voicing it but if we don’t I would like to hope everyone can be honest and say this year was disappointing even if they want to be hopeful for the future. These first two games did not have the result I would hope for if we fire a bad coach and hire a good one but it’s early and we have at least three years to improve, I just want to see incremental progress.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

CJS hasn’t had very little time to get things installed. His first look at the team on a field was against the citadel which got pulverized by Clemson today. Notre Dame was his first look at what’s he had against superior competition. This is game 2 where a new coach has had only fall practices to get his team ready and most of these guys are from the previous staff so we need to give him time before calling for his head. He had this year as a freebie in terms of player development as no one loses eligibility so he gets one season to see which players will work in his system and which ones won’t. He also will know which positions he and his coaching staff need to hit the recruiting trail the hardest or the transfer portal. Right now he needs to find a qb that he can build the offense around as I don’t believe johnson or mccloud is the qb of the future for this team. I believe this was just a game where we were outplayed, outsized, and were just completely outmatched in all facets of the game

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would gladly settle for 2010 or even 2016 or 2017 this is looking more like 2012 or 2013 and that more reason to be frustrated than excited. People wonder how I expected us to stay within 50 of ND today, while at the same time being shocked that they clicked on this thread and got this result. What did you expect to find? Someone started a positivity thread and I posted something positive, this thread didn’t sell itself on that.

Nobody is shocked in the least

• Off Topic 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The athletic department is doing a good job alienating fans and losing access to money. Who in their right mind would support this trash with their money, unless they have money to throw away?

I still support. I am an alumnus first and foremost. I ain’t going anywhere. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Nobody is shocked in the least

Well there are several threads where I had pretty positive things to say if you would like to be shocked but this one is for my catharsis so that I can continue my long suffering. We just need to keep moving forward and make steps towards improvement, no matter how you slice it today was not a step in that direction and I’m pretty sure CJS would even freely admit that.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Knowing all of that the gambling public put there hard earned money on the idea that we would be twice as good as this, today was an utter failure and there is no other way to spin it.

When that point spread move down to 23.5 this morning that was just a trap. who took USF and the points probably didn't see the '19 Wisky game. I hoped for better but honestly i wouldn't bet a single dollar even if the spread moved to 40+. If Vegas wasn't taking bets on Clemson-Citadel then USF-ND should've been unbetable. that 26 spread was a total trap and somebody lost their butt today.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,251
  • Days Won:  25

33 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

He's going to actively recruit quarterbacks. I think Cade will be our starting qb once conference play starts. 

The million dollar question is Noah or McCloud can't make the plays with the arm, but Fortin has not dressed .I hope this is by design to go all in on a conference run. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Outlaw said:

The million dollar question is Noah or McCloud can't make the plays with the arm, but Fortin has not dressed .I hope this is by design to go all in on a conference run. 

Maybe he's sick?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

Maybe he's sick?

He is definitely sick or coded.