• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is what happens...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

CousinRicky...

Not one for charity, however if you want to contribute to a private school education for my little daughters, I won't say no. It's literally $17K for kindergarten this year for one of them 👎 and the other little minion is three years away from her first day of school (when I'm sure it will be more). It's insanity. I pay $40K in taxes on our two properties (hope to move one of them soon). A chunk of that tax money goes to the floundering public schools in San Antonio. Amazes me how broken our education system is (better yet - when I read stuff from our daughter's teacher last year at the private school - it required corrections at times). Aggravating to say the least. Any chance they can pay some engineers $100K to teach our kids? Off the soapbox... just found your comment entertaining.  

Holy crap. You buy me one beer in Madison and you want me to finance your kids education? The beer wasn't that good. 😀

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 9/20/2020 at 9:53 PM, WhoRUSF said:

You know you have an extreme bias when you refer to Leavitt's coaching at USF as 'fair'

If he were great, he'd be a head coach again. In big money sports those who are great can be forgiven anything, even murder if you bring championships.

I stand by his coaching as fair. Great highs leveled by great lows.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

On 9/20/2020 at 6:16 PM, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This is what happens when a fair to above average but emotional coach that can motivate well but has known anger issues peter principles when he reaches the Big East, hits a student athlete and rather than admit it, apologize, go to anger management counseling instead chooses to die on that hill.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, Triple B said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3570190

A lot of assumptions there that USF ultimately had to pay for...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I stand by his coaching as fair. Great highs leveled by great lows.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, still.  At least here.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 9/23/2020 at 12:45 PM, Brad said:

A lot of assumptions there that USF ultimately had to pay for...

Sometimes you do have to pay when you do the right thing. Integrity isn't fashionable and sometimes costs in this world where the ends justify the means, but thankfully USF and President Genshaft had it.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Sometimes you do have to pay when you do the right thing. Integrity isn't fashionable and sometimes costs in this world where the ends justify the means, but thankfully USF and President Genshaft had it.

If USF wants to do the right thing by most of the fans they should start having a serviceable athletic department, when we stop embarrassing ourselves in the only actual purpose an athletic department we can start worrying about having a moral compass (assuming there is actually objective morals). 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

The athletic department should align its financial commitment to the level of play it currently plays in (forget aspires to). The university needs to push more revenues into the athletic department to match the remainder of the AAC, or move to a lesser FBS conference where our current revenues would allow us to be competitive, or drop down to the FCS level altogether.

There are conferences below the AAC? I find that hard to believe.

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

There are - you just don't slum around in those conferences, lol. From an athletic perspective USF is better aligned to C-USA, the Sun Belt or even the A-SUN.

Our resources won't allow us to sustain any success in the AAC.

That sounds horrible, I weep for those fans. So how exactly is Clemson able to win national championships bringing in as much less money as the highest AAC team than Texas? What exactly is going to lead to wins with an influx of money? Can we buy better players? Why do we seem to be in forced ranking range of all the other AAC teams?

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Facilities, larger coaching pool to draw from, ability to retain coaches, other resources. Even with extra money, you still have to spend it wisely but we won't sustain success in the AAC being near the bottom in revenues.

Not sure what your point about Clemson and "as much less money" and Texas somehow was squeezed into that same sentence.

Clemson brings in $70 million dollars less than Texas, Clemson is out of the top 20 in budget and yet somehow they seem to be switched in the standing for years. The budgets you presented showed a clear relationship between conferences and money but it demonstrated almost no correlation to winning. So who do you think we would be able to bring in as a coach with more money but the same station in life?

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Those two compete in a different conferences. My original point, is for USF to sustainably compete in OUR CONFERENCE we need to be at or near the top in OUR CONFERENCE's revenues.

Got it so money only matters when you compete in conference and is a non factor on the National scale, makes sense.