• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If We Beat Notre Dame....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Let’s not get outlandish, it will take at least a few years of success. The most we have gotten from any coach after CJL is 1.5, which is pretty remarkable. However moving up to number 2 isn’t going to take much.

Thus, why I think we have no chance on Saturday....come on man get with the program...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,947
  • Days Won:  469

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Don’t worry, no way they can pin this on you, your alibi is rock solid.

"Let's go over it again..."

If we beat ND, perhaps the ventilator can be removed.  This program needs excitement, beating ND brings that.  As many realized in the first ten years that gets it done.  Beating Memphis, UCF, Tulsa, Tulane is cute and should happen, but that doesn't bring back the old timers or the newbs on campus still wearing gator shirts.  You have to beat the best, not your fellow G5ers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Will we be ranked in the Top 10? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thus, why I think we have no chance on Saturday....come on man get with the program...

I've seen us prove too many times that there is always a chance for me to completely negate the idea. I am encouraged by the fact our running backs seem pretty strong and their running backs are considered a glaring weakness. Our running defense seems strengthened by their going against this group and hopefully their running defense is equally influenced by the team they have been facing. One of their biggest strengths seems to be pass defense and that is just fine because we don't do that anyway. Do we have a great chance? Definitely not. Is it a coin flip? Probably not. Do we have a punchers chance at maybe their being another miracle at ND? Perhaps, we have seen stranger things. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I've seen us prove too many times that there is always a chance for me to completely negate the idea. I am encouraged by the fact our running backs seem pretty strong and their running backs are considered a glaring weakness. Our running defense seems strengthened by their going against this group and hopefully their running defense is equally influenced by the team they have been facing. One of their biggest strengths seems to be pass defense and that is just fine because we don't do that anyway. Do we have a great chance? Definitely not. Is it a coin flip? Probably not. Do we have a punchers chance at maybe their being another miracle at ND? Perhaps, we have seen stranger things. 

We don’t have the horses to keep up. Lopsided game. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

If we beat Notre Dame, Jeff Scott gets hired as the HC of Arkansas or one of the Carolina teams after year 2, and we hire the coach from Arkansas State to replace him.

Or Lane Kiffin after he is run out of Mississippi

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think he is just tired of the pessimism on this page period. It's turned into a pretty depressing blog.

Just for my own clarification, I've always thought a blog was a website that someone starts just to  post their own thoughts and opinions on an ongoing basis ....?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,988
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, Brad said:

or the newbs on campus still wearing gator shirts. 

I used to hate this on campus in the early 2000s, but I got to see this slowly go away and then USF gear spread around the bay.  It was a great decade.  This decade?  Not so much.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,988
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I've seen us prove too many times that there is always a chance for me to completely negate the idea

When was this true last?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

When was this true last?

Interestingly enough round about the last time we played at ND.

• Upvote 1