• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ND Message Board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Yea that was bad. Blowing a two score lead in 10 minutes and missing a chip shot field goal for the win. we were all in that end zone right behind the goal post so we saw that up close then Landy fumbling the game away in OT. Skip was a bad luck magnet. I'd love a few more shots at beating RU. I hope they get kicked out of the Big 10. 

I almost went to that game but did not (instead I got to enjoy the 31 to 0 thrashing) That loss in 2011 had me down for days...just threw it all away. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, pascobull said:

Yea that was bad. Blowing a two score lead in 10 minutes and missing a chip shot field goal for the win. we were all in that end zone right behind the goal post so we saw that up close then Landy fumbling the game away in OT. Skip was a bad luck magnet. I'd love a few more shots at beating RU. I hope they get kicked out of the Big 10. 

How sweet would that be if we took their place...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, pascobull said:

Was sitting out there with you for that one.  Is that the year we played at Syracuse the following week? We were going to stay up and go to 'cuse and I was so pizzed off I turned the car around and headed south on the NJ Turnpike instead of driving up to Syracuse.  And it if wasn't that year it was one of those years.  And we beat Syracuse to double my pain.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

watch us run back the opening kick off.

Id Prefer we get some huge Jon Lejiste type hits early on to show we didn't come up just to lose...its been awhile since we had a good defense like that. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

to show we didn't come up just to lose...

We are not just showing up to collect a paycheck and go home with our tails between our legs.  We're showing up to play the big bad ND for a wash with travel expenses.  I think we'll put in a solid effort.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I'm as big a USF fan as anyone else, but I want the Board to at least temper the expectations on this one. I think we can go out, perform as well as we can reasonably expect, and still lose this one by 20+ points. I would hate to see the Bulls perform reasonably well and for the main takeaway being that of letdown and disappointment. 

I do hope that CJS isn't just paying lip service about playing with nothing to lose. The only way we can beat expectations in this one is if the players buy-in to what CJS and the staff are selling them. If I were the HC or OC, I would have let the offensive players come up with a few trick play ideas of their own and try them out in practice and see what might work. Playing loose and free is the only way to keep this one respectable. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

22 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks - it is fixed...I'll blame The Citadellians for that...  They are trying to undermine the fabric of our community!

I think it isn't working any longer.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm as big a USF fan as anyone else, but I want the Board to at least temper the expectations on this one. I think we can go out, perform as well as we can reasonably expect, and still lose this one by 20+ points. I would hate to see the Bulls perform reasonably well and for the main takeaway being that of letdown and disappointment. 

I do hope that CJS isn't just paying lip service about playing with nothing to lose. The only way we can beat expectations in this one is if the players buy-in to what CJS and the staff are selling them. If I were the HC or OC, I would have let the offensive players come up with a few trick play ideas of their own and try them out in practice and see what might work. Playing loose and free is the only way to keep this one respectable. 

agreed...we are still going to rotate qb's this game and that killed momentum last game...

Just now, DJBulls said:

agreed...we are still going to rotate qb's this game and that killed momentum last game...

Momentum is relative. I never got the sense that any of the QBs were just a series or two away from finding a rhythm and lighting it up in the passing game. I actually think the rotation may have helped us to do different things and it gives Notre Dame at least something else to have to prepare for in advance of our game.  

CJS flat out said that the reason we didn't pass downfield more was the depletion of the OL depth, which, IMHO, was the right call, even if the opponent was outmatched. Wet field, wet ball, 3rd string OL'ers in there at times, no need to risk injury and really no reason to show anything to Notre Dame. They have no game film to go off of other than some short passes and running plays. Most of the runs look pretty simplistic as well. Not that it will make a tremendous difference in the game, but if it can help us just a little bit we can use the advantage. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Momentum is relative. I never got the sense that any of the QBs were just a series or two away from finding a rhythm and lighting it up in the passing game. I actually think the rotation may have helped us to do different things and it gives Notre Dame at least something else to have to prepare for in advance of our game.  

CJS flat out said that the reason we didn't pass downfield more was the depletion of the OL depth, which, IMHO, was the right call, even if the opponent was outmatched. Wet field, wet ball, 3rd string OL'ers in there at times, no need to risk injury and really no reason to show anything to Notre Dame. They have no game film to go off of other than some short passes and running plays. Most of the runs look pretty simplistic as well. Not that it will make a tremendous difference in the game, but if it can help us just a little bit we can use the advantage. 

all good points...In my opinion Noah had a better command of the offense...McCloud was too indecisive and it looks like he was waddling around in concrete when he needed to move quickly...ND may jump all over him...