• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ND Message Board

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

watch us run back the opening kick off.

Horne Horne Horne it's timeeeeeeeeee

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

No one really cares at ND about the 2011 game. That was an entire program ago for ND. Coming off of Bob Davie, Ty Willingham and Charlie Weis debacles BK had to remake the program. Both teams were bad in 2011. And BK doesn’t run the score up on anybody, not even bitter rivals USC. That’s actually something that drives ND fans crazy, how BK usually gets off the gas pedal too soon.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

46 minutes ago, AF1618 said:

No one really cares at ND about the 2011 game. That was an entire program ago for ND. Coming off of Bob Davie, Ty Willingham and Charlie Weis debacles BK had to remake the program. Both teams were bad in 2011. And BK doesn’t run the score up on anybody, not even bitter rivals USC. That’s actually something that drives ND fans crazy, how BK usually gets off the gas pedal too soon.

NFLers Theo Riddick, Tyler Eifert, Michael Floyd come to mind...would love to have that here.  No reason ND should have lost that game.  Kelly's shade of purple indicates he agrees.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, LrdNorman said:

I want to beat them so bad that they go back to USF and quit playing the game and ban their children from ever playing because of the pain they still feel after this one game.

They'd have to hit triple figures to outdo the pain of 8/31/2013 ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

55 minutes ago, AF1618 said:

Both teams were bad in 2011.

I fully realize that we probably measure by different metrics but ND went 8-4 in the regular season that year with the other three losses being to Stanford, USC and Michigan

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

NFLers Theo Riddick, Tyler Eifert, Michael Floyd come to mind...would love to have that here.  No reason ND should have lost that game.  Kelly's shade of purple indicates he agrees.  

It was our luckiest win in program history 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It was our luckiest win in program history 

I think I would agree with that. In many of our upset wins we created the breaks and we took advantage of them. However, against Notre Dame, they provided the breaks and we were able to take advantage of many.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

This is sad for them because we have already maxed out on pain.  

Sad but true. CCS had the team and talent to lead us to new height but he  left us lifeless and emotionless.

29 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think I would agree with that. In many of our upset wins we created the breaks and we took advantage of them. However, against Notre Dame, they provided the breaks and we were able to take advantage of many.

A win is  win my friend.  

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

A win is  win my friend.  

Very true my friend.  I have never accepted ND's fan claim "they gave it to us", even if they did.  I was there and thoroughly enjoyed that win.

But remember:

image.png

Plus the three interceptions we collected. 

That total yardage is what made it look like ND was easily "supposed" to win.  Went through our defense like a warm knife through butter...until the turnovers.  I think we won turnovers 5-0...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Very true my friend.  I have never accepted ND's fan claim "they gave it to us", even if they did.  I was there and thoroughly enjoyed that win.

But remember:

image.png

Plus the three interceptions we collected. 

That total yardage is what made it look like ND was easily "supposed" to win.  Went through our defense like a warm knife through butter...until the turnovers.  I think we won turnovers 5-0...

Our defense came to play and take advantage of their mistakes. A win is a win. If you turn the ball over more than the other team, you shoot your team in the foot.  I watched the game from start to finish. They moved the chains more, but they turned over the ball more.  Many times the team that wins the turnover department wins the game. You can drive the ball 99 yards and turn it over at the 1yd line and you get zero points. Lets hope our defense under Spencer is ready to make some plays and give the offense a spark and good field position.  Their is no doubt the ND offense did better moving the ball, but they negated all of it by giving us the ball 5 times.  

Edited by Outlaw