• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tops in yards per carry

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What a sad little life you lead...

It’s not that bad. I would have never said anything disparaging about this obviously good thing if you didn’t call me out by name, we showed last season we can have a running game when we actually have running backs on the field. I want to see some improvements in the passing game as that’s our greatest area of need and our head coaches expertise, I am sorry that upsets you.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s not that bad. I would have never said anything disparaging about this obviously good thing if you didn’t call me out by name, we showed last season we can have a running game when we actually have running backs on the field. I want to see some improvements in the passing game as that’s our greatest area of need and our head coaches expertise, I am sorry that upsets you.

You are moving the goalposts. First, you contended that there wasn't anything we could take away from the Citadel game to suggest the team had improved. People point to things and stats that show an improvement over past seasons, even if it was only one week against an inferior opponent, and then you move your focus to strictly the passing game, which in inarguably a question mark. The passing game improving is predicated on a better/improved QB and practice/repetition. I will wait until about week 6 to truly judge the team. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are moving the goalposts. First, you contended that there wasn't anything we could take away from the Citadel game to suggest the team had improved. People point to things and stats that show an improvement over past seasons, even if it was only one week against an inferior opponent, and then you move your focus to strictly the passing game, which in inarguably a question mark. The passing game improving is predicated on a better/improved QB and practice/repetition. I will wait until about week 6 to truly judge the team. 

Then he moves back to talking about the running game...ND will probably destroy us so I can see Puc doing more of the same antics next week as well. Weak and downtrodden comments is what makes him go. 

37 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Because I have provided evidence that we saw this last year from the running game which means it is not an improvement. Now an argument can be made that the coaching staff actually fielded our running backs which is an improvement over most games last season so I accept that. Our hustle was improved, our morale seemed improved, we were more disciplined which can be seen as an improvement and I am sure a host of other things but CJS being here and CCS not has a lot to do with the state of our passing game and it would have been nice to have seen a bit of improvement there (it doesn’t mean it’s not possible but anyone claiming to have seen it in the last game is lying whether that be to themselves or to others).

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Then he moves back to talking about the running game...ND will probably destroy us so I can see Puc doing more of the same antics next week as well. Weak and downtrodden comments is what makes him go. 

I am fine with losing to ND this season (actually I’m probably not but it is an expected result) I will not be fine if we lose by 26 and have 100yds of passing.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am fine with losing to ND this season (actually I’m probably not but it is an expected result) I will not be fine if we lose by 26 and have 100yds of passing.

This will probably happen.  Main three O line starters and and Cade out. We are one dimensional. Notre Dame will stack the box and we probably dont get a touchdown.  And our defense is still suspect. 

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

This will probably happen.  Main three O line starters and and Cade out. We are one dimensional. Notre Dame will stack the box and we probably dont get a touchdown.  And our defense is still suspect. 

I'm not going to take to the streets or buy the domain firecjs.com but I am not also going to pretend that is awesome or worse yet claim that I see improvement in that. Now if we get rolled by FAU I may need to take some time off...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are moving the goalposts.

Nobody on this board has mastered the art of moving goalposts as deftly as puc has..... and I do mean that as a compliment.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nobody on this board has mastered the art of moving goalposts as deftly as puc has..... and I do mean that as a compliment.

What goalposts?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

One out of 2 of those things will probably happen...mote than 26