• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball playoff predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Cubs and Red Sox in the playoff, hmm, will a curse be lifted this year.....I dont think so.

1st round:

Cubbies slip by Braves

Giants over Marlins

Yanks over Twins

A's over Red Sox

NLCS: Sosa v Bonds, there is a reason why  Bonds will win his 6th MVP, he actually helps his team win. Giants over Cubbies.

ALCS: I thought the A's would make it to the series the past two years. Well, third times a charm (besides I hate the Yankees). A's over Yanks.

World Series: Battle of the Bays; Bonds and Giants win it for Bobby.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Atlanta will hammer the overrated Cubs. Giants will beat the Marlins, unless they get the 97 mojo working again. I think the Red Sox get by the Mulder-less A's. They are playing well. Yanks dispose of Minnesota.

NLCS I'm going with the Giants over Atlanta in 6. ALCS will be a battle royale and the best series of the playoffs... do I dare select the Red Sox to vanquish the hated Yanks?  Nah -- Yanks take it in seven. And it will probably end painfully for Red Sox Nation.

Giants vs Yanks in the Series. I like SF in six.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,464

Braves beat cubs in tough series

Giants over Marlins

Sox over Oakland

Yanks over Twinkies

Giants beat Braves

Sox beat Yanks

Sox finally win series in 7.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

Being a masochistic Red Sox fan, i have to pick the Red Sox to win, because of how well they have been playing, curse or not.  Maybe if they can have pedro start 2 of the games and be a closer in the others   hmm..   :D

• Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  2,718

Braves over the Cubs

Giants over the Marlins

Red Sox over A's

Yank's over Twins

Giants over Braves in six

Yanks over Sox in six

Yanks over Giants in five or six

New York Yankees become the world champions for the 27th time!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

27th championship is always the hardest to get.  I will be watching Sox/Yanks with you lastknight only this year my team prevails.  F the curse, the Sox are for real.

• Topic Count:  537
  • Content Count:  2,718

How can I tell if this years "the sox are for real" is any different than every other time I've heard "this year the sox are for real"??????

Yogi would say

"This is like deja vu all over again."

Well considering this is one of the best offensive teams EVER, i'd say they have a good chance of piling on a ton of runs on anyone.  The big question mark is their pitching.  Pedro, Lowe, and Wakefield are all solid, although if wakefield is off, it can be a long night.  Burkett scares me but is decent.  Middle relievers aren't bad and Kim isn't bad, but there is no great closer a la Rivera, Smotz etc.

If the sox can jump out to some decent leads on pedro's starts, they could seriously consider him in a closing role for the 9th inning.  I trust him over Kim any day.

The Red Sox set a new Major Laegue record for best slugging pct in a season.  They beat the record held by the 1927 Yankees(murderers row).   Ruth and Gehrig both had over 160 rbi.  The bullpen is garbage for the Sox as usual so we will need to hit every game as no lead is safe with this pen.  Wakefield is starting game 2 and I would guess because Lowe is dominant at Fenway but has been terrible on the road this year.  I hope we split 1-1 in Oakland.

KR, any comment about Pedro doing relief?  I have heard a rumor, actually, I think Peter Gammons mentioned it, that Pedro could pitch some 9th innings if they have a small lead.  ???