• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brady and the Bucs

Guest Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

The defense was amazing but quite frankly none of this happens if not for Brady coming to the Bucs, attracting other key players, changing the culture and playing lights out for most of the season.  To me it's a joke that Brady is not MVP of the league.  He goes to a team that has a losing record the year before and the worst winning percentage in major pro sports an in one year they win the Super Bowl.  Show me any player that was more valuable than that.   I am not a real Brady fan but what he has accomplished over his career and especially in the past year is truly mind boggling.

I think you hit the nail right on the head man!  I totally agree with your take. 

Brady is the engine that makes it go.  But not only does he attract big time players. But he also has a way of elevating medicore players into really good players.  Its his mindset and leadership ablities.  It rubs off on everybody, and nobody on the team wants to be the one to let him down.

That said, this team has stars not only on Offense, but also on Defense as we found out in the post season.  Keep this core group together for a couple more years, and it could be a new dynasty in Tampa.  

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think you hit the nail right on the head man!  I totally agree with your take. 

Brady is the engine that makes it go.  But not only does he attract big time players. But he also has a way of elevating medicore players into really good players.  Its his mindset and leadership ablities.  It rubs off on everybody, and nobody on the team wants to be the one to let him down.

That said, this team has stars not only on Offense, but also on Defense as we found out in the post season.  Keep this core group together for a couple more years, and it could be a new dynasty in Tampa.  

Tom Brady and I are just about the same age... he played QB for 3+ hours and won the Super Bowl last night. I pulled a muscle sitting. Not sitting down or sitting up, just sitting.

Give him the god **** MVP.

• Haha 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 2/8/2021 at 6:12 PM, JTrue said:

Tom Brady and I are just about the same age... he played QB for 3+ hours and won the Super Bowl last night. I pulled a muscle sitting. Not sitting down or sitting up, just sitting.

Give him the god **** MVP.

You youngster, you shouldn't be pulling muscles at your age!  I'm about 10 years older than you, and I can tell you enjoy your early to mid 40's.  They were really my favorite years, besides for my College years.

As far as the MVP, happy for Brady and he probably is the one that deserves it the most.  But he has so many already, I was really hoping somebody else would get it for a change like a Lavantae David, or a Mike Evans.  Somebody like that.  But hey we won the SB, so who really cares.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

On a side note former buccaneers pro bowler Vincent Jackson was found dead today in brandon. He was 38 years old.

vincent-jackson-bucs.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Deputies are investigating the death of former Tampa Bay...

• 4 weeks later...

Drew Brees has officially retired from the NFL.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1027%2Fr766983_1

Drew Brees announced his retirement after 20 NFL seasons on Sunday, writing on Instagram to Saints fans, "This is not goodbye, rather a new beginning."

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Drew Brees has officially retired from the NFL.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1027%2Fr766983_1

Drew Brees announced his retirement after 20 NFL seasons on Sunday, writing on Instagram to Saints fans, "This is not goodbye, rather a new beginning."

Jameis time?

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Jameis time?

Maybe but I wouldn’t be surprised if Wilson goes there

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Unbelievable that they've been able to keep the gang together, all 22 starters and special teams for one more year .... Never would have thought that possible.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unbelievable that they've been able to keep the gang together, all 22 starters and special teams for one more year .... Never would have thought that possible.

Absolutely amazing. That takes into account people like Ronald Jones who was the regular season starter while Fournette started the whole postseason. 

Guess they will be preseason favorites.