Jump to content

USF Athletics Announces Social Justice Initiatives


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

It's unfortunate that the two use the same tag line. How would you suggest they convey the message that they support the BLM movement? 

Just stick with the United slogan...it pretty much summed up everything and could have unified people. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am 100% behind and support that all people should be treated with respect no matter their race, sexual orientation, etc., but the BLM organization is something I can not support. 

Whelp, if they go the political route during the season, I just may have to tuen it off. I for one can't stomach any more propaganda.

Can we have unity over things we are for and not against.    United for student and athlete success. United to win games. United to lower crime.      The BLM organizers ar

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

It's unfortunate that the two use the same tag line. How would you suggest they convey the message that they support the BLM movement? 

I didnt know that we needed to say the phrase "Black lives matter" verbatim to show that we believe in not harassing black communities. 

I believe Iraqis deserve freedom, but didnt support operation Iraqi freedom. 

I dont support the patriot act, but I support Patriots who act. 

You know this man, I shouldn't have to explain this to you. This is all intentional. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Just stick with the United slogan...it pretty much summed up everything and could have unified people. 

I guess I choose to believe that our student athletes are not thugs or terrorists, as the BLM organization is portrayed, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are looking for genuine ways to bring their concerns out into the open.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Unity was already a great message. But how can we have unity when the decal on your helmet supports government run medicine, schools (run on a more federal level), taking gun rights, much more political stuff, and I haven't even mentioned the riots. Anybody who thinks I'm making this up, feel free to check out their website.

Did check the website because those two things piqued my interest. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough but all I saw about gun rights was Commonsense Gun Laws and nothing about riots ..... maybe I had the wrong website.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I didnt know that we needed to say the phrase "Black lives matter" verbatim to show that we believe in not harassing black communities. 

The Black Lives Matter movement is so much more than "not harassing black communities". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

I guess I choose to believe that our student athletes are not thugs or terrorists, as the BLM organization is portrayed, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are looking for genuine ways to bring their concerns out into the open.

Very well put, IMO, but have a feeling will fall on a lot of deaf ears .... but hopefully some will take a step back and look at this from that perspective.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Did check the website because those two things piqued my interest. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough but all I saw about gun rights was Commonsense Gun Laws and nothing about riots ..... maybe I had the wrong website.

Care to explain the difference between putting gun laws in place and taking away gun rights? It's objectively just the inverse of each other. 

I said I haven't mentioned the riots, meaning I dont like pinning that on BLM. Massive protests are bound to have some degenerates. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

The Black Lives Matter movement is so much more than "not harassing black communities". 

This is the primary focus of the movement, but feel free to educate me on why I'm wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Care to explain the difference between putting gun laws in place and taking away gun rights?

Gun laws are already in place. The difference between "taking gun rights" and "Commonsense Gun Laws" is in the eye of the beholder.

 

9 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I said I haven't mentioned the riots, meaning I dont like pinning that on BLM. Massive protests are bound to have some degenerates.

Maybe it wasn't your intention but the way you worded "and I haven't even mentioned the riots" in that paragraph certainly appeared to be throwing that on BLM also. If not what you meant, my bad ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Triple B said:

Gun laws are already in place. The difference between "taking gun rights" and "Commonsense Gun Laws" is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's remember that the constitution says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. So naturally, any gun law is impeding on gun rights. A right that we naturally all had is being restricted. 

I won't try to debate gun rights with you since this is TBP, but can we agree that these two quotes essentially mean the same thing? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members do not see this ad, Register


×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.