• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Announces Social Justice Initiatives

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

8 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

It's unfortunate that the two use the same tag line. How would you suggest they convey the message that they support the BLM movement? 

Just stick with the United slogan...it pretty much summed up everything and could have unified people. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

It's unfortunate that the two use the same tag line. How would you suggest they convey the message that they support the BLM movement? 

I didnt know that we needed to say the phrase "Black lives matter" verbatim to show that we believe in not harassing black communities. 

I believe Iraqis deserve freedom, but didnt support operation Iraqi freedom. 

I dont support the patriot act, but I support Patriots who act. 

You know this man, I shouldn't have to explain this to you. This is all intentional. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Just stick with the United slogan...it pretty much summed up everything and could have unified people. 

I guess I choose to believe that our student athletes are not thugs or terrorists, as the BLM organization is portrayed, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are looking for genuine ways to bring their concerns out into the open.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Unity was already a great message. But how can we have unity when the decal on your helmet supports government run medicine, schools (run on a more federal level), taking gun rights, much more political stuff, and I haven't even mentioned the riots. Anybody who thinks I'm making this up, feel free to check out their website.

Did check the website because those two things piqued my interest. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough but all I saw about gun rights was Commonsense Gun Laws and nothing about riots ..... maybe I had the wrong website.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I didnt know that we needed to say the phrase "Black lives matter" verbatim to show that we believe in not harassing black communities. 

The Black Lives Matter movement is so much more than "not harassing black communities". 

10 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

I guess I choose to believe that our student athletes are not thugs or terrorists, as the BLM organization is portrayed, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are looking for genuine ways to bring their concerns out into the open.

Very well put, IMO, but have a feeling will fall on a lot of deaf ears .... but hopefully some will take a step back and look at this from that perspective.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Did check the website because those two things piqued my interest. Maybe I didn't dig deep enough but all I saw about gun rights was Commonsense Gun Laws and nothing about riots ..... maybe I had the wrong website.

Care to explain the difference between putting gun laws in place and taking away gun rights? It's objectively just the inverse of each other. 

I said I haven't mentioned the riots, meaning I dont like pinning that on BLM. Massive protests are bound to have some degenerates. 

6 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

The Black Lives Matter movement is so much more than "not harassing black communities". 

This is the primary focus of the movement, but feel free to educate me on why I'm wrong. 

9 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Care to explain the difference between putting gun laws in place and taking away gun rights?

Gun laws are already in place. The difference between "taking gun rights" and "Commonsense Gun Laws" is in the eye of the beholder.

9 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I said I haven't mentioned the riots, meaning I dont like pinning that on BLM. Massive protests are bound to have some degenerates.

Maybe it wasn't your intention but the way you worded "and I haven't even mentioned the riots" in that paragraph certainly appeared to be throwing that on BLM also. If not what you meant, my bad ...

Just now, Triple B said:

Gun laws are already in place. The difference between "taking gun rights" and "Commonsense Gun Laws" is in the eye of the beholder.

Let's remember that the constitution says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. So naturally, any gun law is impeding on gun rights. A right that we naturally all had is being restricted. 

I won't try to debate gun rights with you since this is TBP, but can we agree that these two quotes essentially mean the same thing?