• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Announces Social Justice Initiatives

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I’ve totally abandoned pro sports, however, I didn’t want to give up college athletics because I have a true love of the game.  But this is pushing me to my limits.

• Upvote 2
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Funny this comes out right after we have to decide on a credit or refund for this season and purchase single game tickets. 

Would have impacted my decision

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I’ve totally abandoned pro sports, however, I didn’t want to give up college athletics because I have a true love of the game.  But this is pushing me to my limits.

Same boat, bottom line is if they win then they are heroes and if they lose they are bums, I may be quick to take a knee on the season if try to get too cute.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BLM has been tainted by Antifa and became a domestic terrorist group..

What could have been a good statement is now nothing more than looting and rioting

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

20 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I have also abandoned pro sports, but LOVE USF and collegiate sports. If this keeps up I might have to abandon all sports for a while. 

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I am 100% behind and support that all people should be treated with respect no matter their race, sexual orientation, etc., but the BLM organization is something I can not support. 

Keep in mind that the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black Lives Matter organization are two separate things. It is possible to support the movement without supporting the organization.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

Keep in mind that the Black Lives Matter movement and the Black Lives Matter organization are two separate things. It is possible to support the movement without supporting the organization.

I get that...maybe they should try and separate themselves better from the domestic terrorist organization. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I did say that if USF mentioned BLM as an organization that they support, I'd be done with the team. Now BLM is on USF's helmets? 

Unity was already a great message. But how can we have unity when the decal on your helmet supports government run medicine, schools (run on a more federal level), taking gun rights, much more political stuff, and I haven't even mentioned the riots. Anybody who thinks I'm making this up, feel free to check out their website. 

I love this website but USF messed up big time. I no longer feel welcome as a fan, so I won't be anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

This is trash, they very well knew this and decided to support the organization. If you mean something different, then say something different. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, WhoRUSF said:

This is trash, they very well knew this and decided to support the organization. If you mean something different, then say something different. 

It's unfortunate that the two use the same tag line. How would you suggest they convey the message that they support the BLM movement?