57 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The software for the Roku has every tv app you could want. 

Still need a TV with an HDMI port, correct?  Don't I need one on each TV? Unless it is a Smart TV?

Edited by CousinRicky
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, we just time shift.  Just saw on their site they give you 50 hours in the Cloud.

He just a different kind a gamer bruh lol

I'm so old I don't even get it.  Sounds like it might be funny though.  

How are you all saving money by ditching cable?  All these streaming services have to have an internet connection to run.  I cancelled my cable two years ago, so they just jacked up the price of my internet.  I'm paying $80 a month for just internet with Frontier.  If I add Youtube tv or Hulu Live that will bump me up to what I was paying for cable.  They screw you either way I guess.  

If you have a Chromecast.. it is capable, according to advertisement on Amazon... "Works with streaming apps you know and love; enjoy tv shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube tv, prime video, HBO now and Disney plus"

And this is the one for 3rd generation..  @30$ per tv.. not bad.. all you need is HDMI port on your tv.. and correct if it is a smart tv and able to download the app you need your good to go...

For got to mention, you can check you internet speed  by going to, 

share-logo.png

Test your Internet connection bandwidth to locations around the world with this...

and clicking go..  

Edited by WoDoS
22 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

How are you all saving money by ditching cable?  All these streaming services have to have an internet connection to run.  I cancelled my cable two years ago, so they just jacked up the price of my internet.  I'm paying $80 a month for just internet with Frontier.  If I add Youtube tv or Hulu Live that will bump me up to what I was paying for cable.  They screw you either way I guess.  

That's also the highest internet package. I pay 40 for internet because I don't have the highest package thus saving money.  You pay for internet either way though so you really just have to look at how much the cable packages vs the streaming packages and in particular to sports cable packages don't come close.  

You also have too consider that most cable services charge you per tv, most streaming services don't as long as you are all on the same internet signal.

You can also switch your packages on a dime to save money in a pinch, something most cable providers don't allow.

Edited by BrassBulls12
43 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Still need a TV with an HDMI port, correct?  Don't I need one on each TV? Unless it is a Smart TV?

Correct. I don’t use my internal smart TV and use the HDMI for the Roku. I only have one tv in my home so sounds like you may have an investment m. 

33 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That's also the highest internet package. I pay 40 for internet because I don't have the highest package thus saving money.  You pay for internet either way though so you really just have to look at how much the cable packages vs the streaming packages and in particular to sports cable packages don't come close.  

You also have too consider that most cable services charge you per tv, most streaming services don't as long as you are all on the same internet signal.

You can also switch your packages on a dime to save money in a pinch, something most cable providers don't allow.

That makes sense.  I only had cable hooked to one television, but I guess it would make a big difference in price for someone who had several.  

Just learned something new. Neither DVD player has Hulu. Fooking Sony. What a fn mess. So the Samsung Smart TVs have it but can't play it through the sound system in family room. Looks like I'll be calling Spectrum. Will play around for another day or so but could end up having to buy 2 tvs or DVRs to make this streaming stuff work in all the rooms.

Edited by CousinRicky
33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just learned something new. Neither DVD player has Hulu. Fooking Sony. What a fn mess. So the Samsung Smart TVs have it but can't play it through the sound system in family room. Looks like I'll be calling Spectrum. Will play around for another day or so but could end up having to buy 2 tvs or DVRs to make this streaming stuff work in all the rooms.

Did you check to see if YouTube TV carries the local sports channels you are looking for? With this set up you don’t have to buy a DVR. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Did you check to see if YouTube TV carries the local sports channels you are looking for? With this set up you don’t have to buy a VCR. 

Not following. What would be the difference between Hulu and YouTube other than I might have YouTube on the Sony DVDs. Haven't checked for that.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not following. What would be the difference between Hulu and YouTube other than I might have YouTube on the Sony DVDs. Haven't checked for that.

YouTube’s software allows users to record unlimited shows. Thus, you don’t need the hardware. Thus all I have is my Roku and TV and I have unlimited recordings. No mess...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Brad featured this topic
  • Brad unfeatured this topic