• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fans not Allowed for the Citadel Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

John, will this now be a completely separate transaction from the money already paid for season tix this year? In other words, will this be a fresh outlay or will anything we purchase be pulled from the season tix money you already have ...

Yes, this will be a completely different transaction.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Yes, this will be a completely different transaction.

Thanks.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

Just now, Triple B said:

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Email just hit Inbox ...

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

How about socially distanced tailgating and watch party in the south lot for the Citadel game?   Use the screens the Lightning set up for watch parties.  Listen over the radio at our cars and watch on a big screen?

Fans can pay $ to participate and $ goes to athletics.   

Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I am just glad for our players and for our fans that there is football happening at USF. Even more glad that we will play Notre Dame, a fine replacement for Texas. We could be in a conference like the B1G or Pac12 and not playing football at all... thankfully we are playing football. 

The Citadel game is just a few weeks away and the questions of having fans and how many and how to handle them involve so many factors that I feel nobody can blame Athletics for making the prudent choice of not having fans that first game. We will be able to watch on TV, and thankfully, we can look forward to attending at least a few home games this year. As fans, we have a lot to be happy for, and we can stomach missing the cupcake opponent opener.

I am also thankful that COVID hit during what will likely be the toughest rebuilding year to be expected for our team; even a 6-win season would have beaten many expectations. Having the pandemic hit in a year we hoped to make a run on a NY6 game would have been worse.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

You will be receiving an e-mail this morning (hopefully around 10am) that will explain the options for the upcoming season.

It made its way out here... :) 

Unfortunately, it seems unlikely I will be making it to Tampa, pushing all my chips to 2021.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Priority Points vs Bulls Club priority level. Guess who gets first dibs.

This to me has been an issue since the change was implemented by Harlan. Someone who donates $1,000 a year for 20 years has lower priority than someone who is currently a one year, $2,000 donor. I am sure there is some business formula that says this is in their best interest, I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

This to me has been an issue since the change was implemented by Harlan. Someone who donates $1,000 a year for 20 years has lower priority than someone who is currently a one year, $2,000 donor. I am sure there is some business formula that says this is in their best interest, I just don't understand it.

Same type formula used for other donor based entities like Ruth Eckerd Hall and Straz memberships. Doesn't matter how long you've been a member, early access dates to purchase tix for performances are based on giving levels.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Same type formula used for other donor based entities like Ruth Eckerd Hall and Straz memberships. Doesn't matter how long you've been a member, early access dates to purchase tix for performances are based on giving levels.

Which is funny to me, because under the older system I had a personal goal to achieve a higher annual donation.  Now that it is embedded in my tickets, I just forget about it.  Bad me.