• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FootBulls Kick Off Party

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Been staying in a 5 pound range. Got up to 100 pushups the other day (5 sets of 20, not consecutive). I may be in better shape now than at any time in my life.  

That is awesome! Well done...glad to hear positives like that.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We went out for lunch today.  Our first served meal since March. Ate my first french fries since I started the diet in February.  Sat outside at the golf clubhouse and had no one near us so felt safe.  If Covid doesn't get me the french fries will.  God they were so good.    

I’m far more worried about my diet of a 12 year old, it is definitely going to be what kills me but anything that is good for me makes me vomit. Everyone says your taste buds will change but I’m 39 years into that not happening.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Been staying in a 5 pound range. Got up to 100 pushups the other day (5 sets of 20, not consecutive). I may be in better shape now than at any time in my life.  

Is round a shape because if so I’m probably the closest to that shape that I’ve been in my life.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,238
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

You make a good point, it is amazing how everyone joined together and beat this thing from coast to coast, Winning!

I’m really proud of all of our obvious efforts as demonstrated by the numbers and trends. It seems doing more bad things and opening up more  actually has a positive impact on the numbers in the long run, almost as if absent a vaccine the only thing that actually gets a communicable disease out of your constant concern is having people actually develop immunities to it and that flattening a curve that you never allow to get anywhere near your hospitalization capacity is just dragging out the ordeal unnecessarily and wasting resources. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I’m far more worried about my diet of a 12 year old, it is definitely going to be what kills me but anything that is good for me makes me vomit. Everyone says your taste buds will change but I’m 39 years into that not happening.

I think that is true for alcohol and certain spices however your diet is a learned habit and you don’t just wake up one day after a lifetime of a poor diet and begin eating healthy and liking it.  My suggestion is throw hot sauce on it, unless of course you don’t like hot sauce in which case you are screwed.

Just now, Friscobull said:

I think that is true for alcohol and certain spices however your diet is a learned habit and you don’t just wake up one day after a lifetime of a poor diet and begin eating healthy and liking it.  My suggestion is throw hot sauce on it, unless of course you don’t like hot sauce in which case you are screwed.

I do like hot sauce but I am not keen on ruining it with gross things, people always say that things are an acquired taste but I don’t see why I should keep making myself sick in order to learn to like something my body clearly thinks is poisoning it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do like hot sauce but I am not keen on ruining it with gross things, people always say that things are an acquired taste but I don’t see why I should keep making myself sick in order to learn to like something my body clearly thinks is poisoning it.

It is probably too late, when we were kids if someone made dinner, we ate it if we liked it or not.  There was never another option except miss the meal, fortunately or unfortunately to this day I will eat literally anything, so I try to go healthy as often as I can.  I would blame your mom, tell her she failed as a parent in the rare instance she is not already aware 😀.

• Haha 1

Just now, Friscobull said:

It is probably too late, when we were kids if someone made dinner, we ate it if we liked it or not.  There was never another option except miss the meal, fortunately or unfortunately to this day I will eat literally anything, so I try to go healthy as often as I can.  I would blame your mom, tell her she failed as a parent in the rare instance she is not already aware 😀.

Oh don’t think we haven’t had that conversation anytime we talk. Like my grandfather always said when she would get mad at us “It all reflects management”... People either believe you are who you are because of nature, nurture or a blend of them both but no matter how you look at it the buck stops entirely on the people that gave to the dna and reared you which unfortunately for my parents they are responsible for both of those things. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Keep it up!

Thanks. I'm trying. 

• Like 1