Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad. Join today.

  • 11/27, 3:30 p.m. ESPN

     
      1 2 3 4 Total
    Knights 14 17 14 13 58
    Bulls 7 7 14 18 46
               
    Prediction Contest - Game Thread - Chat - Game Notes - Depth Chart - Stats
    Opp Msg Board:  UCFSports

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

They are already this way for Buccaneers games, so pretty sure the stadium can handle it.

There have been plenty of USF games the past few seasons at RJS where the cell service (I have AT&Teabag) was horrid, and the RJS wifi is joke.  It is like Hotel California - you can join the wifi anytime you like, but you will never leave (get on the Internet) 

9 hours ago, John Lewis said:

We had a very high number of ticket scans last season through smartphones. The app should make it easier.

If the app requires an internet connection, good luck with that.  More people who are on the cell tower, the slower the service until no one can get service.   Getting AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile/Sprint to bring in a COW will cost a hell of a lot more than paper or plastic cards. 

You will need an option that does not require a phone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately the bobble heads contracted Covid-19 and didn't make it. Apparently the bobble heads did not socially distance in their packing and their high composition of plastic was an underlying co

More accurate  

You still print your Mapquest directions too, don't you? Or *gasp* do you have paper maps?!?

Posted Images

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So every person will have to have an account to get into the club from their seats?  Not just per couple?  I know I'm sounding like a "Get off my lawn" guy but really?  So a couple we transfer our tickets to will each have to have an account to show a ticket to the guy to get into the club?  So I'll have to transfer 4 tix each week to 4 individual accounts?  Oye.

If they are just scanning a barcode... then we could just take a screen shot of each ticket and text the screenshot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

So everyone with a screen shot of a club ticket on the app gets into the club?

Club is going to be PACKED!!!

I don't believe that you'll be able to screen shot this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So every person will have to have an account to get into the club from their seats?  Not just per couple?  I know I'm sounding like a "Get off my lawn" guy but really?  So a couple we transfer our tickets to will each have to have an account to show a ticket to the guy to get into the club?  So I'll have to transfer 4 tix each week to 4 individual accounts?  Oye.

If you transfer 2 tickets to someone and they have the app on their phone, then they should be able to swipe through both tickets. Sorry for any confusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not some hypothetical, the Buccaneers/Tampa Sports Authority already have a similar (if not the same app). Someone else mentioned they did have legacy cards for season ticket member holdouts, but for the overwhelming majority of fans, ticketless mobile entry was required. Love it or hate it, the #1 reason for this is it allows the team to control the secondary market. No more buying from a scalper on the street corner. I attended nearly all Bucs home games last year, but was gifted or purchased single game tickets. For every ticket I was required to use the mobile app.

I can only speak to my experience with the app at Bucs games which I imagine will be similar to USF due to the common relationship with Tampa Sports Authority.

  1. Yes you were required to have a data connection (cell or wifi). You might have a nervous moment where things spin while loading, but never had an issue pulling up my ticket app while waiting in line at the gate. 
  2. No you you could not screenshot tickets because the barcode changes periodically. I have used mobile entry in other instances where you could screenshot, but with Bucs you specifically could not.
  3. You can have multiple tickets on one app. You just group your party together and swipe your finger to move from one ticket to another for scanning. 
  4. Transferring tickets could be done via email or phone #. But the other party then has to download the app to receive their ticket and scan it.

Happy to answer any further questions to help alleviate concerns. Again none of this is official policy just my expectations based on Buccaneers use of mobile technology. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 94 Bull said:

If they are just scanning a barcode... then we could just take a screen shot of each ticket and text the screenshot.

The ticket master app can definitely be screen shot and shared. We will see about our USF app. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BucsandBulls said:

This is not some hypothetical, the Buccaneers/Tampa Sports Authority already have a similar (if not the same app). Someone else mentioned they did have legacy cards for season ticket member holdouts, but for the overwhelming majority of fans, ticketless mobile entry was required. Love it or hate it, the #1 reason for this is it allows the team to control the secondary market. No more buying from a scalper on the street corner. I attended nearly all Bucs home games last year, but was gifted or purchased single game tickets. For every ticket I was required to use the mobile app.

I can only speak to my experience with the app at Bucs games which I imagine will be similar to USF due to the common relationship with Tampa Sports Authority.

  1. Yes you were required to have a data connection (cell or wifi). You might have a nervous moment where things spin while loading, but never had an issue pulling up my ticket app while waiting in line at the gate. 
  2. No you you could not screenshot tickets because the barcode changes periodically. I have used mobile entry in other instances where you could screenshot, but with Bucs you specifically could not.
  3. You can have multiple tickets on one app. You just group your party together and swipe your finger to move from one ticket to another for scanning. 
  4. Transferring tickets could be done via email or phone #. But the other party then has to download the app to receive their ticket and scan it.

Happy to answer any further questions to help alleviate concerns. Again none of this is official policy just my expectations based on Buccaneers use of mobile technology. 

Thanks. That's helpful. In cases of a transfer would the other party have to have a Bulls account or just the app?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Thanks. That's helpful. In cases of a transfer would the other party have to have a Bulls account or just the app?

I think that would really depend on how USF chooses to set it up. Buccaneers have their own App, but it essentially runs on an underlying ticketmaster App. So all you need is a ticketmaster account. I would guess USF would be the same but more uncertain there.

I have seen other mobile ticket options where no App is required at all for transfer/scan. There is just a link in text or email that pulls up a ticket in your web browser. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Thanks. That's helpful. In cases of a transfer would the other party have to have a Bulls account or just the app?

The Bucs app requires the recipient to also have a Bucs account so I'm assuming it would be same with Bulls ..... which, i think, is the way it's been with us since we've had the mobile transferring option.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The Bucs app requires the recipient to also have a Bucs account so I'm assuming it would be same with Bulls ..... which, i think, is the way it's been with us since we've had the mobile transferring option.

It has been which has presented problems for me in the past.  I should probably look into setting up new accounts for our friends in anticipation of this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members do not see this ad, Register


×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.