• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

• 11/27, 3:30 p.m. ESPN

1 2 3 4 Total
    Knights 14 17 14 13 58
    Bulls 7 7 14 18 46

Prediction Contest - Game Thread - Chat - Game Notes - Depth Chart - Stats
    Opp Msg Board:  UCFSports

23 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We had a very high number of ticket scans last season through smartphones. The app should make it easier.

But John, what does the university plan to do with those clearly marginalized by not having a phone and/or unable to properly use basic technology? Will there be a safe space somewhere on campus for us to gather? Do you know why the university hates the technology-free people? Who will fight for them? Who will stand up for those that are unfairly excluded? As a TFP (tech free person), I sure hope someone would stand up for my rights!

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More accurate  

You still print your Mapquest directions too, don't you? Or *gasp* do you have paper maps?!?

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We had a very high number of ticket scans last season through smartphones.

**** young whippersnappers ...

2 hours ago, mj796 said:

But John, what does the university plan to do with those clearly marginalized by not having a phone and/or unable to properly use basic technology? Will there be a safe space somewhere on campus for us to gather? Do you know why the university hates the technology-free people? Who will fight for them? Who will stand up for those that are unfairly excluded? As a TFP (tech free person), I sure hope someone would stand up for my rights!

Asked by the guy on the computer...

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Yes

So everyone with a screen shot of a club ticket on the app gets into the club?

Club is going to be PACKED!!!

6 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

This is already what happens. I would suggest some sort of wristband for club members that you attain once upon SCANNING your ticket to prevent duplicates, but I think someone might have replied in a previous year they did not have the ability to do this. 

6 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Yes

So every person will have to have an account to get into the club from their seats?  Not just per couple?  I know I'm sounding like a "Get off my lawn" guy but really?  So a couple we transfer our tickets to will each have to have an account to show a ticket to the guy to get into the club?  So I'll have to transfer 4 tix each week to 4 individual accounts?  Oye.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'd prefer the implant over relying on the phone ....... even though with the Bullchip, I'd be rolling the dice depending on if that whole Mark of the Beast thing becomes a reality.

Bulls do have horns...

13 hours ago, BucsandBulls said:

They are already this way for Buccaneers games, so pretty sure the stadium can handle it.

There have been plenty of USF games the past few seasons at RJS where the cell service (I have AT&Teabag) was horrid, and the RJS wifi is joke.  It is like Hotel California - you can join the wifi anytime you like, but you will never leave (get on the Internet) 

9 hours ago, John Lewis said:

We had a very high number of ticket scans last season through smartphones. The app should make it easier.

If the app requires an internet connection, good luck with that.  More people who are on the cell tower, the slower the service until no one can get service.   Getting AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile/Sprint to bring in a COW will cost a hell of a lot more than paper or plastic cards. 

You will need an option that does not require a phone.

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So every person will have to have an account to get into the club from their seats?  Not just per couple?  I know I'm sounding like a "Get off my lawn" guy but really?  So a couple we transfer our tickets to will each have to have an account to show a ticket to the guy to get into the club?  So I'll have to transfer 4 tix each week to 4 individual accounts?  Oye.

If they are just scanning a barcode... then we could just take a screen shot of each ticket and text the screenshot.

18 hours ago, 94 Bull said:

I don't believe that you'll be able to screen shot this.