Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad. Join today.

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

You still print your Mapquest directions too, don't you? Or *gasp* do you have paper maps?!?

LOL ... I actually stopped printing AAA TripTiks several years ago and am a sworn Google Maps proponent now so I guess I have already somewhat embraced some of that newfangled stuff. The time specific things, though, I still print whenever it's an option. Cold sweats thinking about phone dying at an inopportune time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More accurate  

You still print your Mapquest directions too, don't you? Or *gasp* do you have paper maps?!?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

LOL ... I actually stopped printing AAA TripTiks several years ago and am a sworn Google Maps proponent now so I guess I have already somewhat embraced some of that newfangled stuff. The time specific things, though, I still print whenever it's an option. Cold sweats thinking about phone dying at an inopportune time.

Especially after 4 hours of tailgating. My phone tends to drain quickly at or near Ray Jay for some reason.  Happens in the SunDome too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

LOL ... I actually stopped printing AAA TripTiks several years ago and am a sworn Google Maps proponent now so I guess I have already somewhat embraced some of that newfangled stuff. The time specific things, though, I still print whenever it's an option. Cold sweats thinking about phone dying at an inopportune time.

I was telling my kids about the old AAA TripTiks during our summer trip and they looked at me like I had 3 heads.  🤣

Last summer, my son and I were going to an Orioles game at Camden Yards and the tickets were on the phone.   As we were walking up, I couldn't get the app to work right.  I was sweating a little and maybe cursing some, but luckily we got it open and it all worked out.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

I print everything too, ever since i was refused admittance at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas for a show for not having a printed ticket.  They had no way to scan a QR code from my phone.  I think there must be thousands like us that print, not dozens.  Also, Google Maps amazes me.  I lost signal trying to cross the state on Alligator Alley one time when I-75 was completely shut down in the middle.  Fortunately, Google already cached the maps I needed before loosing signal.  I used it to find all the little back roads across the everglades to get back on I-75 at Snake Road in far western Broward County.  I was the only one on the highway heading east all the way to the toll plaza.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew up to Indiana over the weekend and a lot of the airlines aren't doing printed tickets because of Covid. A lot of industries have already gone to paperless tickets, so I would only expect more and more industries to follow suit. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I flew up to Indiana over the weekend and a lot of the airlines aren't doing printed tickets because of Covid. A lot of industries have already gone to paperless tickets, so I would only expect more and more industries to follow suit. 

Our plan was to be mobile only beginning in 2021, so accelerating that to 2020 was a good call with all that is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Our plan was to be mobile only beginning in 2021, so accelerating that to 2020 was a good call with all that is going on.

I hope to God someone without a smartphone can get in without walking in with me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I hope to God someone without a smartphone can get in without walking in with me.

I will ask, but we will be pushing the app (hopeful to be ready by September 7), so the smartphone will be needed for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I will ask, but we will be pushing the app (hopeful to be ready by September 7), so the smartphone will be needed for that.

I'm sure we'll get more details but if we're going with 2 other couples they'll each have to have the app on their phone?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm sure we'll get more details but if we're going with 2 other couples they'll each have to have the app on their phone?  

That is my understanding. If you transferred the tickets to them and they set up their own account, then the tickets would show up on the app after they log in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Members do not see this ad, Register


×
×
  • Create New...

It appears you are using ad blocking tools.  This site is supported through ads.  Please disable in order to enjoy full access to The Bulls Pen.