• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What’s with Knight and the McNeese State references?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I just found it odd that he made two McNeese State digs in the past 12 days. That's all I posted at the start.

I get it and I agree it’s odd. I think that many escalate the issue about Joey. My point is we are lucky to get any coverage from a beat writer. Most universities in our conference don’t have this. Amazingly, a successful program like Cincinnati does not have a beat Twitter. We could easily be them. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It's not about putting on "big boy underwear." It's about professionalism. You'd never see Greg Auman doing that. You're a news "reporter" - and not a very good one at that. Report the news. Leave the "fun" quips to the columnists.

I think if those two quips you pointed out were in articles he's written, I can kind of agree with you. If they were just in Tweets, I don't count that as journalism to begin with.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get it and I agree it’s odd. I think that many escalate the issue about Joey. My point is we are lucky to get any coverage from a beat writer. Most universities in our conference don’t have this. Amazingly, a successful program like Cincinnati does not have a beat Twitter. We could easily be them. 

What is Joeys broken news to quip ratio? It seems most stories of note are still broken by those not on the beat. We would be lucky to be Cinci and it is a sin that JK has a job solely to disparage our University while providing no value beyond news aggregator. 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What is Joeys broken news to quip ratio? It seems most stories of note are still broken by those not on the beat. We would be lucky to be Cinci and it is a sin that JK has a job solely to disparage our University while providing no value beyond news aggregator. 

I would say the ratio is 10 to 1 in favor of breaking news. But you would not know that since you refuse to remove your bias because he hurt your little feelings about USF. Saying that we would be lucky to not have any news like Cincy shows how ignorant you are. 

Edited by Brad
Remove duplicate quote

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would say the ratio is 10 to 1 in favor of breaking news. But you would not know that since you refuse to remove your bias because he hurt your little feelings about USF. Saying that we would be lucky to not have any news like Cincy shows how ignorant you are. 

On a side note, the way you post all of his tweets and defend him, most would assume you guys are in a special type of relationship, not judging.

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

On a side note, the way you post all of his tweets and defend him, most would assume you guys are in a special type of relationship, not judging.

Not Funny Laughing GIF

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would say that I post his tweets because he provides the best coverage...thus proving my point.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I would say that I post his tweets because he provides the best coverage...thus proving my point.

Or you guys share long walks on the beach together which proves my point.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What’s the biggest story he has broken? He typically is one of the last to know on bigger items like dismissals and hirings. I harbor no ill feelings to JK and he would not exist in my world if not for your posts about his posts about things he learned of other peoples posts about their actual reporting.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Or you guys share long walks on the beach together which proves my point.

Womp womp little buddy....