• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What’s with Knight and the McNeese State references?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

That happened 7 years ago.  You would think that he was referencing something from a couple of years ago and that the team had experienced no success since then.  

I know I have stated this ad nauseam  but we do not want a homer, we just want someone with fair reporting.  I have heard him on the radio and he seems balanced in his reporting when he is broadcasting.  I am not sure why he thinks it is cute to irritate the fans of the local team in his writing and social media posts but that seems to be the hip thing to do since our inception. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,255
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

That happened 7 years ago.  You would think that he was referencing something from a couple of years ago and that the team had experienced no success since then.  

I know I have stated this ad nauseam  but we do not want a homer, we just want someone with fair reporting.  I have heard him on the radio and he seems balanced in his reporting when he is broadcasting.  I am not sure why he thinks it is cute to irritate the fans of the local team in his writing and social media posts but that seems to be the hip thing to do since our inception. 

He needs clicks and attention. 

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I guess so since the only time I see his posts are when they are regurgitated on here.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

26 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I guess so since the only time I see his posts are when they are regurgitated on here.  

Me too but when go look at the bulk of his work, as I've said before, I don't have a problem with it. Was okay with the scheduling dart about MSU, considering I used it, too ........ but the Rays and the McNeesing thing, wtf was that all about? I hate bad analogies and that one was horrible.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I hate bad analogies and that one was horrible.

Strangely I don’t mind bad analogies...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You guys whine about everything...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You guys whine about everything...

Seriously.  It's like they said of McMurphy, any news is good news...  

Edited by Brad
typo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Me too but when go look at the bulk of his work, as I've said before, I don't have a problem with it. Was okay with the scheduling dart about MSU, considering I used it, too ........ but the Rays and the McNeesing thing, wtf was that all about? I hate bad analogies and that one was horrible.

I think he gets a bad rap, yes he is a wise ass and likes to stir the pot however so does 95% of TBP, anyone of any interest enjoys sarcasm, it is what makes the world go round.  The analogy was a dud but even the best (including myself believe it or not)  lay an egg from time to time, it is inevitable.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think he gets a bad rap, yes he is a wise ass and likes to stir the pot however so does 95% of TBP, anyone of any interest enjoys sarcasm, it is what makes the world go round.  The analogy was a dud but even the best (including myself believe it or not)  lay an egg from time to time, it is inevitable.

It’s because we do it from a good place and he does not, you can say things about your family that an outsider cannot 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s because we do it from a good place and he does not, you can say things about your family that an outsider cannot 

I will take your word on that, I follow him on Twitter occasionally and no longer read his drivel in the paper and am no longer local so did not know.  If I see him at a road game in the future I will pour a beer on him.