• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Update on the current strategy by the American Conference

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 8/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Better team won. There is a reason Carolina made it to the conference finals last year. They are built for playoff hockey. 0-7 on a pier play (Rangers have a top 10 power play) is not going to get it done. Also, Panarin and Krider did not play well. We are too young at this point. Still think Rangers get one win but that’s about it. 

The Rangers aren't quite ready for the big time but are making progress.

We'll see if the Lightning are, they are built to be.  But last year was a disaster.  I don't think we see a repeat of that this year though,  I am concerned about Stamkos.  Getting hurt during practice!  What is he made of Paper?  Sheesh!

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 8/1/2020 at 3:37 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

A few more of your posts and I might finally have to put down the tea cup...

Being on this Board as much as you are, I'm surprised you have made it this long.  You must be a strong minded man.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

54 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We'll see if the Lightning are, they are built to be.  But last year was a disaster.  I don't think we see a repeat of that this year though,  I am concerned about Stamkos.  Getting hurt during practice!  What is he made of Paper?  Sheesh!

Time well tell. Stamkos has hard a really hard time staying healthy going back to his 1st major injury. I hope he can turn the corner and make a healthy playoff run. He has never been the same since his knee injury. He is still a good player, but he was the best goal scorer in the league at one point.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Lightening will be fine. They learned from last year. Stankos has plenty of time to be ready. It seems like every team is getting nicks and bruises in this accelerated format. The team I am most interested in is Columbus. They could be a tough take out. Philly too (assuming GT does not lose games) but I hate that team and their fans so I am not going to give them too much love. Rangers are two more years away from being consistently “good” but it’s nice to see the young guys get some work...they are the second youngest team still playing (Blackhawks #1). 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Time well tell. Stamkos has hard a really hard time staying healthy going back to his 1st major injury. I hope he can turn the corner and make a healthy playoff run. He has never been the same since his knee injury. He is still a good player, but he was the best goal scorer in the league at one point.

Yeah I think you are right.  From what I've read the original terrible knee injury all seems to be inter-related to his current issues.  Its a shame too because he is one of those rare generational talents, imo.  Hopefully he still will make a difference in the playoffs.   We will see.

Guest Jonesy Bull
59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Lightening will be fine. They learned from last year. Stankos has plenty of time to be ready. It seems like every team is getting nicks and bruises in this accelerated format. The team I am most interested in is Columbus. They could be a tough take out. Philly too (assuming GT does not lose games) but I hate that team and their fans so I am not going to give them too much love. Rangers are two more years away from being consistently “good” but it’s nice to see the young guys get some work...they are the second youngest team still playing (Blackhawks #1). 

Watching Columbus and Toronto right now......Tough first round draw for the Leafs no doubt.  As much as I am dissapointed in our debacle to the Jackets last year, would still like to see them take out the Leafs and their conceited hockey fans.  Besides Torts did get us our only Cup in our history, so there is still some love there despite last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,947
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Watching Columbus and Toronto right now......Tough first round draw for the Leafs no doubt.  As much as I am dissapointed in our debacle to the Jackets last year, would still like to see them take out the Leafs and their conceited hockey fans.  Besides Torts did get us our only Cup in our history, so there is still some love there despite last year.

I want them to sweep Leafs and I want to play them for revenge somehow.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I want them to sweep Leafs and I want to play them for revenge somehow.

That ship has sailed, to win the most regular season games of all time and then get swept by a team from Columbus Ohio in the first round is a stench that you can not remove, you simply learn to live with it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

28 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That ship has sailed, to win the most regular season games of all time and then get swept by a team from Columbus Ohio in the first round is a stench that you can not remove, you simply learn to live with it.

Although if that basically same team wins the Cup, the stench may still be there but it would be reduced to an ant fart ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Although if that basically same team wins the Cup, the stench may still be there but it would be reduced to an ant fart ...

That team that swept the Lightning after winning the most regular season games got knocked out in the next round so the stench is more similar to a skunk spray.