• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Update on the current strategy by the American Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

I doubt a regular season is completed in any fashion, but just for kicks...

What will be the eligibility look like for a bowl game this year?  Something like you have to have played at least 7 games and won 50% or more of all games played?

Just preparing for the best possible scenario but I'm really now thinking the season does actually start and then disaster hits a number of teams and all conferences stop playing and suspend the season mid way through.

Edited by 79 Bull

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

15 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

What will be the eligibility look like for a bowl game this year?  Something like you have to have played at least 7 games and won 50% or more of all games played?

Just preparing for the best possible scenario but I'm really now thinking the season does actually start and then disaster hits a number of teams and all conferences stop playing and suspend the season mid way through.

Agree with 50%. That's the norm. On the other hand, if the season is suspended, it's over.

UNLESS! they tried to do something like the NHL did. Take a few months off then come back and play bowl games in the spring.😎

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

The NCAA is feckless and anyone that decides they want to go to a bowl and has any bowl that wants to have them will probably be allowed to go to it. There are too many variables to try to account for and any rules could result in bowls sinking money and effort into something that perhaps leads to not enough teams to fill even a fraction of them.

18 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

@NewEnglandBull What is going on with the Rangers?

Better team won. There is a reason Carolina made it to the conference finals last year. They are built for playoff hockey. 0-7 on a pier play (Rangers have a top 10 power play) is not going to get it done. Also, Panarin and Krider did not play well. We are too young at this point. Still think Rangers get one win but that’s about it. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Better team won. There is a reason Carolina made it to the conference finals last year. They are built for playoff hockey. We are too young at this point. Still think Rangers get one win but that’s about it. 

Fair enough, i told you they weren't ready yet. It is sports and they are young and hungry. Anything is possible/.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Fair enough, i told you they weren't ready yet. It is sports and they are young and hungry. Anything is possible/.

O-7 from a top 10 power play won’t get it done. Panarin and Krider need to show up. Also 8 of the players played their first playoff (or playin) games ever...a lot of shakes out there. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,213

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

O-7 from a top 10 power play won’t get it done. Panarin and Krider need to show up. Also 8 of the players played their first playoff (or playin) games ever...a lot of shakes out there. 

Kreider never shows up in the playoffs. Panarin aka the breadman knows what it takes to get it done. CHI should have parted with Toews and kept him.