• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder if we will do what Cusa is doing?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand this statement?  The NCAA is the governing body of College Sports, no?  What power or lack of power do you speak of?

Why can't they make a unilateral decision, don't the conferences have to abide by them.

I'm not doubting you, just curious.

Power goes where the money goes. No way in hell the NCAA is going to force a conference to shut it down for a year and lose millions of dollars. This will be a decision by the individual conferences. The only thing the NCAA can do today with college football is slap a team for minor violations (and then do very little in terms of punishment). 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Convo is about the NCAA not the USA. If any want to continue in the MC, I will gladly moved the Hidden posts there ...

• ???? 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Convo is about the NCAA not the USA. If any want to continue in the MC, I will gladly moved the Hidden posts there ...

No, we will no longer facilitate the abuse of the rules of the board.  Hide them and we shall start suspending the author(s) of posts that have to be hidden.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Power goes where the money goes. No way in hell the NCAA is going to force a conference to shut it down for a year and lose millions of dollars. This will be a decision by the individual conferences. The only thing the NCAA can do today with college football is slap a team for minor violations (and then do very little in terms of punishment). 

Case in-point, if the NCAA any set of cojones, we would have a true playoff rather than the CFP BS

The NCAA lost its stones shortly after the SMU death penalty decision - it have been useless ever since in major college football 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I generally agree with you your statement.  I don't want my Government being the end all of decsions.  But in this situation, imo, we need one solid voice to give us the facts, not be wishy woshy and give us a mandate to make this **** go away,  Am I wrong?  If I am, please show me some facts are  that makes us the worst country dealing with this epidemic, besides for maybe Brazil.  The mismanagement is a complete embarassment.  Look at the rest of the world and tell me I'm wrong.

And before I'm criticized for being polititcal....this all has a DIRECT  affect on all of our beloved College Sports.  So shut me down if you decid that is apporpriate. But i  give a real opinion that is totally sports related. 

I am confused how this is not political but a counter argument is?  Trips your political bias is showing, hypocrisy at its finest.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I am confused how this is not political but a counter argument is?  Trips your political bias is showing, hypocrisy at its finest.

Your counter argument wasn't to that post. It was to one of his on that last page that was hidden along with yours, so there was no bias or hypocrisy. I just cleaned up that last page and didn't go back any further.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Your counter argument wasn't to that post. It was to one of his on that last page that was hidden along with yours, so there was no bias or hypocrisy. I just cleaned up that last page and didn't go back any further.

Hopefully we get to sports at some point or you may need to automate the cleanup process there is only so much people can talk about something that doesn’t exist for, actually I just thought of several examples so there may still be hope as long as people keep faith that it will return.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

On 8/1/2020 at 12:03 AM, puc86 said:

Hopefully we get to sports at some point or you may need to automate the cleanup process there is only so much people can talk about something that doesn’t exist for, actually I just thought of several examples so there may still be hope as long as people keep faith that it will return.

You could read a book. I've been doing a lot of that since being off here.