• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wonder if we will do what Cusa is doing?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Kind of a double risk for them. If they win those games it increases their playoff chances over the other conferences (assuming they are quality games and there will actually be a playoff). But it does give them a few more chances to lose as well. 

I thought the playoff committee agreed when it was formed that G5 teams were irrelevant when it comes to playoffs

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK, maybe a stupid question (no comment from the peanut gallery).  Is this whole play or not play games being governed by each individual conference or will the NCAA get off the collective Ass and make decisions for the entire colllege football community.  Sounds like a complete recipe for disaster.

I know I will get in trouble for this, but its the same **** thing that the Federal government passed the buck and said each state just do your own thing.  Thats worked out so well......We would not be in this position if the people in charge weren't such ******* and actually made a decision for the good of the country......no different than the NCAA!

Yes I have an opinion, and this is a message board, so people don't like it, than maybe its time to re-think what a message board actually is!

I respect differing opinions but I heavily disagree that the few deciding for the many is a good idea. 

I hope we play though

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I thought the playoff committee agreed when it was formed that G5 teams were irrelevant when it comes to playoffs

I was going to say “Only if you lose.” But beating a ranked G5 team does get put on the resume. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I respect differing opinions but I heavily disagree that the few deciding for the many is a good idea. 

I hope we play though

I generally agree with you your statement.  I don't want my Government being the end all of decsions.  But in this situation, imo, we need one solid voice to give us the facts, not be wishy woshy and give us a mandate to make this **** go away,  Am I wrong?  If I am, please show me some facts are  that makes us the worst country dealing with this epidemic, besides for maybe Brazil.  The mismanagement is a complete embarassment.  Look at the rest of the world and tell me I'm wrong.

And before I'm criticized for being polititcal....this all has a DIRECT  affect on all of our beloved College Sports.  So shut me down if you decid that is apporpriate. But i  give a real opinion that is totally sports related. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

I'm done with this. I spoke what I feel,  but in the spirit of staying wth only Sports I will say no more about this. And I totally respect Triple and all the mods, so I don't want to piss them off.

25 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

But in this situation, imo, we need one solid voice to give us the facts, not be wishy woshy and give us a mandate to make this **** go away

I dont see what benefit is to be had by the NCAA coming in and shutting everything down when different regions are affected (thanks for the action verb lesson Trip) differently and schools are capable of making informed decisions. It might be a messy season, but messy is better than no season. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I dont see what benefit is to be had by the NCAA coming in and shutting everything down when different regions are affected (thanks for the action verb lesson Trip) differently and schools are capable of making informed decisions. It might be a messy season, but messy is better than no season. 

I will be surprised if the NCAA made such a unilateral decision. This is not 1975...the NCAA no longer has that kind of power. The P5 conferences will make their decisions on what is best for them and the G5 will follow. Some will be more aggressive than others in trying to schedule and creating benchmarks for continuing or not. Personally, I’ll be shocked if a season is completed by any however. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

MTSU needs a game, as Duke and VA Tech backed out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I dont see what benefit is to be had by the NCAA coming in and shutting everything down when different regions are affected (thanks for the action verb lesson Trip)

Proof that TBP can be educational as well as informative and entertaining ...... gratifies the heart.

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I will be surprised if the NCAA made such a unilateral decision. This is not 1975...the NCAA no longer has that kind of power. The P5 conferences will make their decisions on what is best for them and the G5 will follow. Some will be more aggressive than others in trying to schedule and creating benchmarks for continuing or not. Personally, I’ll be shocked if a season is completed by any however. 

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand this statement?  The NCAA is the governing body of College Sports, no?  What power or lack of power do you speak of?

Why can't they make a unilateral decision, don't the conferences have to abide by them.

I'm not doubting you, just curious.

Edited by Jonesy Bull