• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 Bulls Mt Rushmore

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

That is true ... I'm a big Taggart fan and because he raised the program from the dead like Lazarus maybe I should be pulling for them, too

I can see some fans feeling that way about Taggart...

Just like Pierre-Paul going to the dreaded Bucs, I can still like JPP.  :)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not sure that MK is of that mindset but has it ever been reliably confirmed that he even wants to come back?

Pretty sure I said this during the hiring process.  I can confirm that at the time of the HC opening he had hoped for a call or a reach out of some type from USF to help close the gap, change the narrative, maybe return.  He made it clear he would come back in some capacity.  Didn't hear a single word.  Not one.  He was saddened.  Apparently, Mr. Kelly or his bosses still aren't ready.  The hiring of CJS will run out the clock on any CJL potential, outside of showing up as an old man to pick of a plaque reminding us of what many still regard as the good old days. 

Loyalty is important.  The one thing I'm most embarrassed about my university is the Leaviit situation.  As I've said before, the pure fact I was asked by an Athletics Admin person what my reaction would be if they decided to fire Leavitt.  At that time TBP had thousands of fans.  They were still calculating their decision, not based on "truth and wisdom" but what was the most advantageous move for others.  This was a power move that dumped the guy that founded the program and took it to national relevance in a decade.

I can understand some that can't grasp that importance.  I think if I wasn't living 6 miles from campus back then, I wouldn't have known how much time, sweat and unselfishness Leavitt and those original coaches (and players) put into making it something.  It was a great time to be a fan and feel part of something successful in South Florida athletics.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

40 minutes ago, Brad said:

Pretty sure I said this during the hiring process.  I can confirm that at the time of the HC opening he had hoped for a call or a reach out of some type from USF to help close the gap, change the narrative, maybe return.  He made it clear he would come back in some capacity.  Didn't hear a single word.  Not one.  He was saddened.  Apparently, Mr. Kelly or his bosses still aren't ready.  The hiring of CJS will run out the clock on any CJL potential, outside of showing up as an old man to pick of a plaque reminding us of what many still regard as the good old days. 

Loyalty is important.  The one thing I'm most embarrassed about my university is the Leaviit situation.  As I've said before, the pure fact I was asked by an Athletics Admin person what my reaction would be if they decided to fire Leavitt.  At that time TBP had thousands of fans.  They were still calculating their decision, not based on "truth and wisdom" but what was the most advantageous move for others.  This was a power move that dumped the guy that founded the program and took it to national relevance in a decade.

I can understand some that can't grasp that importance.  I think if I wasn't living 6 miles from campus back then, I wouldn't have known how much time, sweat and unselfishness Leavitt and those original coaches (and players) put into making it something.  It was a great time to be a fan and feel part of something successful in South Florida athletics.

I do remember, now after being prodded, you saying that back then and I do think it’s kind of sad that there wasn’t communication at all from USF at that point, even if just to give an explanation as to why he wasn’t in the picture then. My feeble memory does seem to recall some comments, though, that Kelly had been in contact with CJL at some point after he got here. Figment of my imagination?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,194
  • Days Won:  25

20 hours ago, bcgruber said:

Some good recruiting and coaching

We had this coach that was great a developing talent into top notch talent. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Those were the best and brightest days. When we could hang with the big boys and take them out. CJL did a great job of building something from nothing and turning it into a legitimate program. He took a lot of unwanted, underappreciated, or lesser talents  and molded them into football players.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

On 7/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, bcgruber said:

All studied under the Great CJL, peace be upon him.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Those were the best and brightest days. When we could hang with the big boys and take them out. CJL did a great job of building something from nothing and turning it into a legitimate program. He took a lot of unwanted, underappreciated, or lesser talents  and molded them into football players.

Glad to see you're getting "Woke" like puc86 and I.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Glad to see you're getting "Woke" like puc86 and I.

@TheGreatOutlaw took the red pill long before we ever came in contact with him. Deep within the hearts of all Bulls fans is a CJL truther even if they are afraid to admit because they were dead wrong when they bought the greatest lie in USF history, “we have plateaued and we can do better”. I’m sure when you reach the pinnacle of Mount Everest it may feel like a plateau but when you  jettison your Sherpa and try to go above that plateau you typically fall unceremoniously to your death much like we have.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

@TheGreatOutlaw took the red pill long before we ever came in contact with him. Deep within the hearts of all Bulls fans is a CJL truther even if they are afraid to admit because they were dead wrong when they bought the greatest lie in USF history, “we have plateaued and we can do better”. I’m sure when you reach the pinnacle of Mount Everest it may feel like a plateau but when you  jettison your Sherpa and try to go above that plateau you typically fall unceremoniously to your death much like we have.

homer simpson sleeping GIF

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I have been a huge CJL since my first day on campus. Puc and i have had numerous conversations about CJL in person.