• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2009 Bulls Mt Rushmore

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

Obviously that coach had hit his peak. Only 16 NFL players and making an unknown university compete at the level of blue bloods within 10 years of starting a program shows we were stuck and never going anywhere. Needed to be fired. Additionally, we should never welcome him back. 

Bitter sarcasm aside, I'm cheering for FAU to beat us this year (The game being cancelled would be a blessing so i dont have to root against USF).  

WTF? Why are you taking that position? Because L is the D coordinator? No past coach is bigger than a university’s program...and certainly not one's alma mater. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At least he is hoping the game gets cancelled?

That is true ... I'm a big Taggart fan and because he raised the program from the dead like Lazarus maybe I should be pulling for them, too

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

WTF? Why are you taking that position? Because L is the D coordinator? No past coach is bigger than a university’s program...and certainly not one's alma mater. 

Sure but I'm just a Tampa sports fan. No ties to USF. I wear my USF shirts and have a USF license plate cover and go to more than half of the home games and many away games. 

Leavitt and to a lesser extent Taggart are the two coaches who made USF for me. I just dont think it's acceptable to never welcome the Jim back and act like he wasn't part of the program's history. 

Life goes on, and I'm hoping CJS kicks ass

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

No matter how you slice it, that's ^^^^^^ up ....

he cant be a usf fan

7 minutes ago, smazza said:

he cant be a usf fan

I feel the same about people who supported firing Jim

• Upvote 2

Coaches come and go...even those who started programs, won a few big games, and never won championships. I’ll never ever understand the infatuation some have for Jim. Never ever will I put one individual above the program and the university, to do so is a betrayal and boarders on strange infatuation. At the same time, I am sure the current players and coaches would think it’s comical that a few (one?) fans are chearing  against USF because of a coach who was fired over a decade ago coaches the other team. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Sure but I'm just a Tampa sports fan. No ties to USF.

Kind of amazed at times at the number on here in this category ...

I just dont think it's acceptable to never welcome the Jim back and act like he wasn't part of the program's history. 

I'm not sure that MK is of that mindset but has it ever been reliably confirmed that he even wants to come back?

11 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Obviously that coach had hit his peak. Only 16 NFL players and making an unknown university compete at the level of blue bloods within 10 years of starting a program shows we were stuck and never going anywhere. Needed to be fired. Additionally, we should never welcome him back. 

Bitter sarcasm aside, I'm cheering for FAU to beat us this year (The game being cancelled would be a blessing so i dont have to root against USF).  

So if Jim was hired by ucf are you telling me you would be cheering for ucf success? Hoping ucf beats us in football every year he is the coach? 

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So if Jim was hired by ucf are you telling me you would be cheering for ucf success? Hoping ucf beats us in football every year he is the coach? 

I couldnt go that far haha

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Kind of amazed at times at the number on here in this category ...

I'm not sure that MK is of that mindset but has it ever been reliably confirmed that he even wants to come back?

I think loyalty is important. If somebody has done great things for you, it's your responsibility to be great for them back. He put USF on the map, and USF did everything they could to have a nasty break up over one mistake. I dont care if the administration didnt like him. The fans liked him and I like winning. That's why we are here right? "We play to win the game". 

• Upvote 1