• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AAC Prepared to play 10 games or 8

Guest Jonesy Bull
59 minutes ago, Brad said:

Can you preach on the Florida covid thread in The Trough please?  

I will tone it down on this though Brad, I promise.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The young people getting sick and dying isn't really the problem, its those same folks giving it tot their parents and grandparents or people with compromised immuned systems that is the problem......please tell DJ that you are not that uninformed after all the News that don't know that.....Please Please tell me you are just being sarcasitic and not ignorant?????

If you ARE, then you so part of the problem.

One...I am informed...in fact, most likely WAAAAAYYY more so then you...secondly, you assume all hell will break lose and there will be no controls in the environment...that is a fallible train of thought, and luckily the people making these decisions are EXAMING THE DATA AS A WHOLE and not panicking...the season may very well still be cancelled...but there are a number of variables are being analyzed before thay decision is made...

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

One...I am informed...in fact, most likely WAAAAAYYY more so then you...secondly, you assume all hell will break lose and there will be no controls in the environment...that is a fallible train of thought, and luckily the people making these decisions are EXAMING THE DATA AS A WHOLE and not panicking...the season may very well still be cancelled...but there are a number of variables are being analyzed before thay decision is made...

I hope you are right DJ, and I didn't mean to offend you.  Its just your initial response seemed to suggest differently.  

I'm trying not to panic cause that does nobody any good, but the numbers in Florida suggest worrisome, you don't agree?  I don't know where you live, but I have elder family members in my household, so yeah, I'm ******* worried and Sports comes a distant second.  You can live your "there is nothting to see here" world if you want to, but I see it for what it is.

And now I've pissed off the Mods again...oh well.  Just responding.

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Seriously......you can say that with a straight face and actually mean it.  OMG!

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I hope you are right DJ, and I didn't mean to offend you.  Its just your initial response seemed to suggest differently.  

I'm trying not to panic cause that does nobody any good, but the numbers in Florida suggest worrisome, you don't agree?  I don't know where you live, but I have elder family members in my household, so yeah, I'm ******* worried and Sports comes a distant second.  You can live your "there is nothting to see here" world if you want to, but I see it for what it is.

And now I've pissed off the Mods again...oh well.  Just responding.

No worries...the leading indicators at least in Flordia are starting to trend back down or flattening...ER visits with Covid symptoms...etc...now the question to all of this is...if college football is played, could there be an outback among teams where they spread this to older age...seems actually doubtful when you calmly take a step back and look at all of the variables in place...I think a big test will be when MLB starts playing...not completely the same thing, but it will be a good test having a large team travel from city to city...

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

No worries...the leading indicators at least in Flordia are starting to trend back down or flattening...ER visits with Covid symptoms...etc...now the question to all of this is...if college football is played, could there be an outback among teams where they spread this to older age...seems actually doubtful when you calmly take a step back and look at all of the variables in place...I think a big test will be when MLB starts playing...not completely the same thing, but it will be a good test having a large team travel from city to city...

Yes I agree the Pro Sports coming back will be an indicator of sorts.  Especially Baseball since they won't be in a "Bubble" like Hockey and BB.....HOWEVER, football is such a different animal.  So many players, so much contact, no bubble.  Its "possible" they may be able to pull it off at the Pro level, but the College level seems so far fetched to me.  I hope I'm wrong, and the rest of the "we will have college football" crowd are right.  I really do.  But the Covid numbers continue to trend in the wrong direction, not just Florida and Texas, but almost everywhere in the States......I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

18 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yes I agree the Pro Sports coming back will be an indicator of sorts.  Especially Baseball since they won't be in a "Bubble" like Hockey and BB.....HOWEVER, football is such a different animal.  So many players, so much contact, no bubble.  Its "possible" they may be able to pull it off at the Pro level, but the College level seems so far fetched to me.  I hope I'm wrong, and the rest of the "we will have college football" crowd are right.  I really do.  But the Covid numbers continue to trend in the wrong direction, not just Florida and Texas, but almost everywhere in the States......I just don't see it happening unfortunately.

Well, in Florida the trend is going back down...take a look at the latest dashboard (ER visits, percent positive etc..) I also got an update on the ICU and bed levels this morning...the medical experts think the peak will be end of July and trend back down...now with that being said, the fall could bring an entire new set cases....I think the odds are much higher then you think that football will be played in some capacity in the fall...I will make one final comment that really bothers me...when you hear experts on various ESPN shows (almost daily) they say the reason it would be delayed is because is player safety...these statements are lazy at best and detrimental at worse...the data demonstrates that player safety is actually a NON-ISSUE here for the 18-22 age group...the odds of dying of the flu are greater then dying of Covid for that particular age group...that drives me insane when I hear those irresponsible comments

Edited by DJBulls

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This has devolved. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477

Question is what happens when some conferences play and others don't. How does the ranking system work. Will it be all SEC teams? Conferences like ours rely on OOC wins to prop up their ranking. How do you compare teams across conferences when none of them pay each other? 

21 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Flattening is misleading - they are flattening, but remain at elevated levels, of which the state hadn't seen before. Its that false narrative that led the uneducated to cry to open up the state. Now look at where we are at. 

It can be misleading, or it can't as well...your statement is partially incorrect...that being said...these restrictions are like a dial on radio...if we turn the knob too much, we simply turn it back...like the bars for instance...doing a complete shut down was absolutely the wrong course of action as dictated by the data...The thread has been derailed and I apologize..