• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

According to the Orlando Sentinel...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I would not think too great. It is replacing the month of spring practice plus an additional seven weeks assuming we play a conference only schedule.

So, at best, three months from end to beginning?

Another question, what of the incoming recruits? Would you count/use them in the spring? Let them work out with the team, but not be counted? Any effect on their eligibility?

LOT's of questions and unknowns... Stay tuned.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So, at best, three months from end to beginning?

Another question, what of the incoming recruits? Would you count/use them in the spring? Let them work out with the team, but not be counted? Any effect on their eligibility?

LOT's of questions and unknowns... Stay tuned.

You are talking about early enrolls as this would not impact the regular recruits coming in the following Aug. Typically, we only have one or two of these a year so it’s not too much of a big deal. I suspect they would not play as it would be difficult to get them up to speed. Thus, they would redshirt the spring. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

59 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I would think of all the years to redshirt a farce of a spring conference only season would be one to skip.  I would not want to lose a year of eligibility playing a 3 mos season in the spring.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Thoughts on the physical effect on the players that spring football may do to fall 2021 football?  

Think this, If season were to be cancelled the existing senior players and grad transfers would then be granted another year eligibility to return for 2021. Toss that # of players added to the 2021 recruits. The scholarship scenario would be a nightmare along with the sheer number of players to roster. 

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Think this, If season were to be cancelled the existing senior players and grad transfers would then be granted another year eligibility to return for 2021. Toss that # of players added to the 2021 recruits. The scholarship scenario would be a nightmare along with the sheer number of players to roster. 

That’s another reason why we may have a spring season.That’s another reason why we may have a spring season.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Kinda my thoughts.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

If they move football to the spring then NCAA football will probably need to remain a spring sport. Think of the injuries that would come after having only a few months off between seasons. 

I guess the other option would be back to back abbreviated seasons where next season starts in mid October or something. I just can't imagine anyone taking a beating for 8-10 games and then coming back a few months later for another 11-12 games. The body needs much more time to recover than we'd be allowing.

1 hour ago, 206BULL said:

If they move football to the spring then NCAA football will probably need to remain a spring sport. Think of the injuries that would come after having only a few months off between seasons. 

I guess the other option would be back to back abbreviated seasons where next season starts in mid October or something. I just can't imagine anyone taking a beating for 8-10 games and then coming back a few months later for another 11-12 games. The body needs much more time to recover than we'd be allowing.

Disagree. It would be close to six months off and they are only adding 7 weeks to the current spring practice.  

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s another reason why we may have a spring season.That’s another reason why we may have a spring season.

🙄 Oh no...Your starting to repeat yourself not a good sign

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Disagree. It would be close to six months off and they are only adding 7 weeks to the current spring practice.  

It's a bit of a cluster isn't it??