• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

On Campus Stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Tuesday night was the first time I have heard anyone at USF (in a power position) talk about building an OCS. It was referred to as a down the road project. They have 70mil for other improvements they will do first for other sports before building a football stadium.

Those improvements are:

Totally renovate Sundome:

New scoreboards with jumbo-trons.(which will probably be installed by 12/28)

Make lower seats closer to the floor and bowl shaped (no open corners) (should be done by next season).

12 to 15 luxury suites (should be done by next season).

New seating overall (should be done by next season).

New offices for MBBall, WBBall, and Volleyball.

(They hopefully want to host state highschool finals)

New football practice fields closer to the locker rooms and athletic facility.

New Baseball/ Softball facilities.

New track facilities. (Hopefully to attract highschool state finals)

New Tennis facilities.

New Soccer facilities.

As for the football stadium, a figure of 100 mil was used to ballpark what USF would spend on a football stadium. (Probably similar to UConn's) Which is probably about 6 to 10 years down the road. Unless someone donates 100mil to USF for it now.

USF does not want to build anything on campus that is not first class. So every project will be designed and completed with the same quality as the athletic center.

I personally was against an OCS. I was afraid we would have a budget stadium. I would love to have an OCS if it is built in the same quality as the Athletic center.

Who was speaking for the athletic department?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Justin Boza

thats great news.. i dont know why people aren't getting excited about hearing this.  true, we probably cant afford an OCS right at this moment, but its great to hear that an OCS is in our plans for the near future (near future = within the next 10 years).  this is awesome to hear, we cant be playing away games forever.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Totally renovate Sundome:

New scoreboards with jumbo-trons.(which will probably be installed by 12/2

Make lower seats closer to the floor and bowl shaped (no open corners) (should be done by next season).  

12 to 15 luxury suites (should be done by next season).

New seating overall (should be done by next season).

THIS is freaking exciting ......... but the luxury suites are intriguing, though. Where are they going in? Will they displace current season tix holders .... me, for example?? What sort of feedback have they gotten for selling them?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is a result of a recent student body survey w/ about 75% of students sayiong the reason they usually don't go to the football games because of lack of a stadium in a reasonable distance. I have been an ddvocate (as we have seen) of an OCS in 5-10 years.

This is a result of a recent student body survey w/ about 75% of students sayiong the reason they usually don't go to the football games because of lack of a stadium in a reasonable distance.

I assume you meant 75% of the students living on or near campus ......... either way, that disgusts me if true.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

THIS is freaking exciting ......... but the luxury suites are intriguing, though. Where are they going in? Will they displace current season tix holders .... me, for example?? What sort of feedback have they gotten for selling them?

They went looking at similar setups this summer. They'll be at about the same level as the entrances, 20 or so rows from the floor. Appearantly some other colleges have similar setups that they like a lot...I think Coach Mac said UAB was one of the places they visited.

They also are planning on adding basketball practice facilities to the north side of the sundome, kind of like the corral was added.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Triple it was students living ON campus...not in apts around.

Triple it was students living ON campus...not in apts around.

That's a pretty small number then, isn't it? ............ still disgusts me that they'd use a 20 min drive as a reason NOT to go support their football team.

They went looking at similar setups this summer. They'll be at about the same level as the entrances, 20 or so rows from the floor.

Will they be in the corners? You're talking prime season tix areas if on the sides, aren't you?

Also, is there a market for suites??

Guest Justin Boza
still disgusts me that they'd use a 20 min drive as a reason NOT to go support their football team.

well, its true.. a lot of students on campus dont have cars.. if you were to move 20 min off campus doak campbell off campus, ben hill griffin 20 min off campus, or any other on campus stadium 20 minutes off campus, you'd see a sharp decline in student body attendance (e.g.- UM students and the orange bowl)

i think the point to make here is that the people who want to keep RJS only care about winning-- and those who want an OCS care about winning AND the experience.. after all, those experiences you'll have going to college football games as a college student, you'll take with you for the rest of your life