• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

On Campus Stadium

Tuesday night was the first time I have heard anyone at USF (in a power position) talk about building an OCS. It was referred to as a down the road project. They have 70mil for other improvements they will do first for other sports before building a football stadium.

Those improvements are:

Totally renovate Sundome:

New scoreboards with jumbo-trons.(which will probably be installed by 12/28)

Make lower seats closer to the floor and bowl shaped (no open corners) (should be done by next season).

12 to 15 luxury suites (should be done by next season).

New seating overall (should be done by next season).

New offices for MBBall, WBBall, and Volleyball.

(They hopefully want to host state highschool finals)

New football practice fields closer to the locker rooms and athletic facility.

New Baseball/ Softball facilities.

New track facilities. (Hopefully to attract highschool state finals)

New Tennis facilities.

New Soccer facilities.

As for the football stadium, a figure of 100 mil was used to ballpark what USF would spend on a football stadium. (Probably similar to UConn's) Which is probably about 6 to 10 years down the road. Unless someone donates 100mil to USF for it now.

USF does not want to build anything on campus that is not first class. So every project will be designed and completed with the same quality as the athletic center.

I personally was against an OCS. I was afraid we would have a budget stadium. I would love to have an OCS if it is built in the same quality as the Athletic center.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

true mutt, but if it's being discussed at an Iron Bull meeting then that gives it some validity because those guys are the ones that would be doing the heavy lifting when it comes to the financial assistance.

Those are the minimum $10k per year, per donor folks.  If they want something, then we'll get it.