• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let’s look at the offense . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I stopped reading at "who says McCloud won't make the jump forward?" Unless you mean jumping into the transfer portal or Trip's sweet embrace that doesn't judge anyone (except those that disagree with him).

“Jumping into Trips sweet embrace” laughed out loud on that one,  that was freakin hilarious, nice work.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

19 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I know there’s a lot of doom and gloom in the preseason predictions, but I don’t think we’re in as rough shape as most people think. Yes, there are plenty of question marks, but let’s take a look at the offense. This group is much better stocked with athletes than what Taggart had when he took over from Skip. Holtz left Willie with a team void of any speed or depth. I don’t think that’s the case here:

QB - ? But I like Noah Johnson and who’s to say McCloud won’t make a jump forward? Q was god awful in his one start as a freshman. Cade Fortin? Maybe.

RB - Joiner and Ford are capable but small; Felix may be better than both with more size. And we haven’t seen RS-F Josh Berry yet, either.

TE - Mathis and Brinkman are experienced and relatively proven.

WR - No one has broken out, but this is Scott’s wheelhouse and there are athletes here who’ve played snaps: St. Felix, McDoom, Weaver, Miller; and some interesting others who could emerge: Latrell Williams, Jaquez Evans, Terrence Horne, RS-F Logan Berryhill

OL - Three starters return - Jennings, Harris, Cecil - so you have to fill a couple holes and build depth. RS-F McDuffie, Blanchard and Hall were all decently regarded recruits and have the necessary size. Hopple and Wiggs are seniors who’ve seen snaps.

I’m not saying this group is anywhere near Q, Marlon, MVS and Rodney Adams, et al, but it’s an interesting lot that a good coaching staff and scheme might turn into something salvageable. Add your thoughts.

First, I want to state that Thomas Nance will kick ass this year at TE! At running back, we are great. I would have liked for us to get a "bruiserback", but we have speed. My 2 of my 3 favorite transfers are Noah Johnson and Demontrey Jacobs. If Jacobs is granted eligibility then our offensive line will be set for the year when added to Jennings, Harris, and Cecil. Plus we have 2 other offensive lineman transfers. I'm good with who we have at wide receiver and still want to shine a light on Sean Atkins. There is a lot of under utilized talent that just needs a decent pass thrown their way when they are open. 

Offensive Transfers -

Darrian Felix   RB   
Cade Fortin   QB   
Noah Johnson   QB   
Alec Valet   OG   
Mitchell Brinkman   TE   
Demontrey Jacobs OL   
TJ Robinson  DB   
Jared Sackett   K   
David Anderton   OG   
Michael Cucci   WR   
Garret Reynolds   WR  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

First, I want to state that Thomas Nance will kick ass this year at TE! At running back, we are great. I would have liked for us to get a "bruiserback", but we have speed. My 2 of my 3 favorite transfers are Noah Johnson and Demontrey Jacobs. If Jacobs is granted eligibility then our offensive line will be set for the year when added to Jennings, Harris, and Cecil. Plus we have 2 other offensive lineman transfers. I'm good with who we have at wide receiver and still want to shine a light on Sean Atkins. There is a lot of under utilized talent that just needs a decent pass thrown their way when they are open. 

Offensive Transfers -

Darrian Felix   RB   
Cade Fortin   QB   
Noah Johnson   QB   
Alec Valet   OG   
Mitchell Brinkman   TE   
Demontrey Jacobs OL   
TJ Robinson  DB   
Jared Sackett   K   
David Anderton   OG   
Michael Cucci   WR   
Garret Reynolds   WR  

At RB we are good...not great. None of them have done much other than spot duty and one barely played last year. I certainly agree with your point on missing a smash mouth player at RB. 

34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At RB we are good...not great. None of them have done much other than spot duty and one barely played last year. I certainly agree with your point on missing a smash mouth player at RB. 

I like Kelly Joiner. His last year of high school football he Rushed for 1,006 yards and 17 touchdowns in only three games before he had a season ending injury. Last year he got his feet wet with 364 yards on 71 carries, 108 receiving yards on nine catches, for 472 all-purpose yards. This year he is my top pick for a player destined for a breakout year. I also like Thomas Nance, but he has more competition at the position than Joiner. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I like Kelly Joiner. His last year of high school football he Rushed for 1,006 yards and 17 touchdowns in only three games before he had a season ending injury. Last year he got his feet wet with 364 yards on 71 carries, 108 receiving yards on nine catches, for 472 all-purpose yards. This year he is my top pick for a player destined for a breakout year. I also like Thomas Nance, but he has more competition at the position than Joiner. 

I like Joiner as well. He is super quick and can go the distance if he gets the blocking. Seemed to have some injuries in the past so I hope he has the durability to be a top shelf player. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I like Joiner as well. He is super quick and can go the distance if he gets the blocking. Seemed to have some injuries in the past so I hope he has the durability to be a top shelf player. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Days Won:  3

Cade Fortin will finish the season as the starting QB.

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Cade Fortin will finish the season as the starting QB.

I know the coaches will definitely want to play him as well or get his feet wet b/c our 2021 schedule is brutal. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I know the coaches will definitely want to play him as well or get his feet wet b/c our 2021 schedule is brutal. 

Gonna be great watching him upset UF in Tampa.

michael scott wink GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,234
  • Days Won:  25

22 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I know there’s a lot of doom and gloom in the preseason predictions, but I don’t think we’re in as rough shape as most people think. Yes, there are plenty of question marks, but let’s take a look at the offense. This group is much better stocked with athletes than what Taggart had when he took over from Skip. Holtz left Willie with a team void of any speed or depth. I don’t think that’s the case here:

QB - ? But I like Noah Johnson and who’s to say McCloud won’t make a jump forward? Q was god awful in his one start as a freshman. Cade Fortin? Maybe.

RB - Joiner and Ford are capable but small; Felix may be better than both with more size. And we haven’t seen RS-F Josh Berry yet, either.

TE - Mathis and Brinkman are experienced and relatively proven.

WR - No one has broken out, but this is Scott’s wheelhouse and there are athletes here who’ve played snaps: St. Felix, McDoom, Weaver, Miller; and some interesting others who could emerge: Latrell Williams, Jaquez Evans, Terrence Horne, RS-F Logan Berryhill

OL - Three starters return - Jennings, Harris, Cecil - so you have to fill a couple holes and build depth. RS-F McDuffie, Blanchard and Hall were all decently regarded recruits and have the necessary size. Hopple and Wiggs are seniors who’ve seen snaps.

I’m not saying this group is anywhere near Q, Marlon, MVS and Rodney Adams, et al, but it’s an interesting lot that a good coaching staff and scheme might turn into something salvageable. Add your thoughts.

I don't it can be worse than last years, so at bare minimum we hopefully we improvement.