• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another prediction...how does 11th place sound?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You missed my point. What Im saying is that ALL college teams have the same issue of not having a spring practice. It will be the teams that adjusted to this situation the best and unfortunately that involves a lot of "online" learning.  The teams with the most players that were disciplined enough to train hard on their own and learn the playbook online will have the biggest advantage.  Shawn Kemp was already undisciplined, but the time off really killed his career b/c he let himself go or didn't train hard enough on his own. 

You are missing my point. Yes all teams had a long layoff; no all teams aren’t going to be scrambling to learn a new playbook in less than a month if the season is played. You’ve seen how long learning a new playbook takes first hand through our coaching changes. Now subtract 2-3 months of hands on learning. Our lack of a spring practice is different than Cincy, UCiF, Houston, etc. 

Edit: For context I was out on Skip after year one(that includes the Clemson Win) and Strong 3 games into his second year(and we still won a few That season after I bailed on him) and road Willies bus into being labeled as a Blind Eternal Taggart Optimist(BTW did that one guy ever walk from Lithia to the stadium like he said he would?). I’m not sure how Jeff Scott is going to play out but he’s going to need a couple years to implement his system and get his guys in and losing that much hands on coaching where you can correct technique, see the guys live and tweak your system is going to put us in a huge hole this season.

Edited by 206BULL

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, 206BULL said:

You are missing my point. Yes all teams had a long layoff; no all teams aren’t going to be scrambling to learn a new playbook in less than a month if the season is played. You’ve seen how long learning a new playbook takes first hand through our coaching changes. Now subtract 2-3 months of hands on learning. Our lack of a spring practice is different than Cincy, UCiF, Houston, etc. 

I get what you are saying. Some teams still have a bigger advantage than us b/c they dont have to learn a new playbook or coaching staff. But they all still have players that had to adjust to learning online and keeping THEMSELVES in shape w/o a spring training. I'm not worried and will just let the season play itself out. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,965
  • Days Won:  469

21 hours ago, USFRaider said:

It would not surprise me if we finished 11th.  The talent on this team is really bad, especially the OL. 

I wasn't even sure we had 11 teams in the AAC.  Is 11 the bottom?  😲

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I wasn't even sure we had 11 teams in the AAC.  Is 11 the bottom?  😲

Yes UConn is gone so we are down to eleven teams and no more east and west divisions.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Wow! I hope someone on the team/coaching staff has a copy of both of these predictions. Good bulletin board material. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Wow! I hope someone on the team/coaching staff has a copy of both of these predictions. Good bulletin board material. 

If CJS needs herosports.com to motivate his players, we're in for a world of hurt.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

If CJS needs herosports.com to motivate his players, we're in for a world of hurt.

18/20 years old always love revenge. Nothing wrong with sticking it to prognosticators as a motivator.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

18/20 years old always love revenge. Nothing wrong with sticking it to prognosticators as a motivator.  

Meh... if you're in the huddle and they call your number, the last thing I want you thinking about is a website no one even knew existed before tonight.

51 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Meh... if you're in the huddle and they call your number, the last thing I want you thinking about is a website no one even knew existed before tonight.

I get that but you can say that about any motivational speech as well. It does not have the desired impact after 15 minutes. But I know if I am dog tired, it’s the 4th quarter and we need 3 yards for a the winning TD, it would not hurt reminding me one last time to dig deep for a second cause. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull