• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another prediction...how does 11th place sound?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Looks like everyone is saying we are lacking in talent 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

We'll have a much better feel for what this team is after the BCC game - if Scott does a Willie and loses then 2-10 is in the cards. If we roll in that game then we'll have a better sense for what the offenses scheme should look like even if we don't have the talent now to compete at the G5 level.

I think the Nevada game will be more telling.  Even a very bad USF team should be able to handle BCC.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703

9 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Depleted? I feel there are "new opportunities" for better players or the same players to step up and do better. Plus I like our transfers. Also its about which coaching staff was able to adjust coaching "online" the best. Im not sure how old you are. But growing up there was a NBA player named Shawn Kemp who was arguably the best "athlete" in the NBA or top 3. There was an NBA lockout and when it ended, he came back fat and with a beer gut. Ive seem how time off can hurt undisciplined athletes. 

Yes depleted.  You have ZERO credibility when it comes to making predictions for this team.  You and CaliBull. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,512
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, USFRaider said:

Yes depleted.  You have ZERO credibility when it comes to making predictions for this team.  You and CaliBull. 

Nope, I defended Taggart when he came here, even though many people disliked him and predicted we would have success with him and we did. As for this year, we shall see. If you have low expectations, all power to you. I shall keep simply keep mine high.  🤷🏾‍♂️

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Johnnie Ford is Covid Free, we'll be fine.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Johnnie Ford is Covid Free, we'll be fine.

He seems to have more issues than COVID...I’ll be shocked if he finishes the year on the team. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He seems to have more issues than COVID...I’ll be shocked if he finishes the year on the team. 

People with pre-existing conditions are more vulnerable to the 'Rona. CJS should have had Johnnie sealed in a bubble.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, USFRaider said:

It would not surprise me if we finished 11th.  The talent on this team is really bad, especially the OL. 

I agree. This team has a lot to prove after last year. The whole offense has a lot to prove.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777

17 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Depleted? I feel there are "new opportunities" for better players or the same players to step up and do better. Plus I like our transfers. Also its about which coaching staff was able to adjust coaching "online" the best. Im not sure how old you are. But growing up there was a NBA player named Shawn Kemp who was arguably the best "athlete" in the NBA or top 3. There was an NBA lockout and when it ended, he came back fat and with a beer gut. Ive seem how time off can hurt undisciplined athletes. 

Let’s just say I grew up on the Kemp , GP, Detlef, Hersey Hawkins, Big Smooth Sonics in the 90’s (206 being Seattle’s area code and all). Shawn Kemp’s beer gut was building before the lockout and He was notorious for dropping hundreds a night on food and drinks at the Keg down the street from my elementary school. Not an apples to apples comparison. Our kids are going to be out there thinking about what to do vs reacting to what is happening in front of them for at least the first few games. Playbooks take a long time to learn, when there is face to face instruction and implementation. Coach Scott can be a whiz at teaching online, but without repetition our players it won’t translate. Not sure how much Competitive football you played growing up but muscle memory and beating players to their spot are pretty important; and losing a split second to think about what you are doing vs reacting can be the difference between a TD and a 5 Yard loss.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,512
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Let’s just say I grew up on the Kemp , GP, Detlef, Hersey Hawkins, Big Smooth Sonics in the 90’s (206 being Seattle’s area code and all). Shawn Kemp’s beer gut was building before the lockout and He was notorious for dropping hundreds a night on food and drinks at the Keg down the street from my elementary school. Not an apples to apples comparison. Our kids are going to be out there thinking about what to do vs reacting to what is happening in front of them for at least the first few games. Playbooks take a long time to learn, when there is face to face instruction and implementation. Coach Scott can be a whiz at teaching online, but without repetition our players it won’t translate. Not sure how much Competitive football you played growing up but muscle memory and beating players to their spot are pretty important; and losing a split second to think about what you are doing vs reacting can be the difference between a TD and a 5 Yard loss.

You missed my point. What Im saying is that ALL college teams have the same issue of not having a spring practice. It will be the teams that adjusted to this situation the best and unfortunately that involves a lot of "online" learning.  The teams with the most players that were disciplined enough to train hard on their own and learn the playbook online will have the biggest advantage.  Shawn Kemp was already undisciplined, but the time off really killed his career b/c he let himself go or didn't train hard enough on his own.