• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Preview Out Today

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This isn’t the first preview I’ve read that mentions Valentine at RB. He’s not even listed on the roster. Didn’t he transfer here to run track? Where are these guys getting his name as a possible starter at RB?

He's on the T&F roster already but the football roster's not yet showing transfers from after the first of year, or pwo's, but it sure looks like he'll be on it, though, if you can trust Twitter.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CJS shall get this team ready and prove them all wrong. I think this year, a lot of players step up. I think Noah Johnson will get us 9-10 wins. And if he doesnt win the starting job I have faith in Fortin and even McCloud. Remember this post! 

Through my green and gold colored glasses, I agree with you.  Not sure about 9-10, but I think this team has 7-8 regular season wins in them - BCC, Nevada, FAU + 4-5 AAC wins in which we just squeak by in 2-3 of those.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Starting to feel a little better about RB. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 6/27/2020 at 8:00 PM, Friscobull said:

What does it matter, the chances of us going 10-2 is beyond incomprehensible.

And if we do go 10-2, I'll be so ecstatic I may not notice he left

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Through my green and gold colored glasses, I agree with you.  Not sure about 9-10, but I think this team has 7-8 regular season wins in them - BCC, Nevada, FAU + 4-5 AAC wins in which we just squeak by in 2-3 of those.

GO BULLS!

What's funny is that I have FAU as a loss. Taggart for the first time ever has inherited a pretty good team. Add in coach "L" as his defense coordinator and Im not confident we beat them. I feel we have a better chance of beating Texas b/c they will be sleeping on us. But FAU will be ready. I really like the transfers brought in this year. Remember the names - Noah Johnson and Thad Magnum.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely a fair write up. Yes, the writer points out our offense was atrocious last season but he also points out that we have two really good offensive minds running that side of the ball in CJS and boy genius Charlies Wise Jr. They have the talent on the roster, just need to execute a hell of a lot better then they did last year. I think good coaching can change that. The writer also points out our defense at times last year was good. The main issue was we sucked at getting stops on 3rd down. Again, good coaching should help change that stat and I feel we have a good one in Glen Spencer. 

For the offensive player rankings I agree that Johnny Ford is our best player. Can break off big plays in the passing and running game. Just need him on the field. CJS and Weis will find away to get him the ball in space. Hopefully the reason for the suspensions last year are behind him. Donovan Jennings needs to be on the Top 5 offensive player list. Our line was trash last year but Jennings at times can be dominate in the run/pass game. He has Fortin and McCloud both in the top 5. That's just silly. Fortin hasn't played a down yet for USF and McCloud didn't show enough to warrant that ranking. Hopefully one of them or Noah Johnson step up and take control of the offense.

For the defensive player rankings I'm sure many posters default to KJ as the top player but I agree with the article that Boyles flashed the most and was our best defender. 12.5 tackles for loss in 11 games from a linebacker position is pretty disruptive. I think him and Grier can become all conference type linebackers over the next 2 years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

We did add an Ol transfer today.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

We did add an Ol transfer today.

Yup, a right or left tackle who if gets a waiver will likely start start. With him i see this as our starting line up - 

RT - Demontey Jacobs (If he gets a waiver). 

LT - Donovan Jennings

Center - Brad Cecil

Guard - Demetris Harris

Guard -  Michael Wiggs, Alec Valet, Jarrett Hopple, Sebastian Sainterling, Matthew McDuffie,  Joshua Blanchard or Dustyn Hall 

My friend, I think our O-line should be much better this year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yup, a right or left tackle who if gets a waiver will likely start start. With him i see this as our starting line up - 

RT - Demontey Jacobs (If he gets a waiver). 

LT - Donovan Jennings

Center - Brad Cecil

Guard - Demetris Harris

Guard -  Michael Wiggs, Alec Valet, Jarrett Hopple, Sebastian Sainterling, Matthew McDuffie,  Joshua Blanchard or Dustyn Hall 

My friend, I think our O-line should be much better this year. 

It should help if he gets it to play this year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

On 6/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

This isn’t the first preview I’ve read that mentions Valentine at RB. He’s not even listed on the roster. Didn’t he transfer here to run track? Where are these guys getting his name as a possible starter at RB?

On 6/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, Triple B said:

He's on the T&F roster already but the football roster's not yet showing transfers from after the first of year, or pwo's, but it sure looks like he'll be on it, though, if you can trust Twitter.

I effed up, Dave. K-Rock Da Bull caught my mistake over on the Recruiting board.That's a Darrian Felix tweet that was retweeted by Valentine so we're back to square one with nothing that I've seen indicating Valentine's playing football here.