• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly may be a candidate for the ACC commissioner job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

you have no clue where'd we be.

7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

And neither do you, so saying Kelly wouldn't be considered for the ACC job if he fired String after Year 2 is as full of **** as anything you are claiming others to be doing.

Exactly .... This is ALL just plain conjecture so stop acting like firing him would have been some monumental achievement, paying huge dividends. There are three things pretty much indisputable here. One, firing him after those two years would have been largely unprecedented in the world of college football based on the factors involved. If you can find anything remotely similar I'd be interested in seeing it.Two, we saved money by not firing him then. Three, CCS didn't do enough to save his job his third year here . Everything else is just spitting into the wind by everyone involved ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

I went to the ACCbbs site and I saw one discussion on the topic, a lot of politics, some names thrown into the discussion but no mention of MK.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-901749.html

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The fact we went 4-8 last season and Strong got fired validates my position.

No it doesn't.  Your position was he should have been fired after year 2 .... that was wrong

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

19 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The fact we went 4-8 last season and Strong got fired validates my position.

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

No it doesn't.  Your position was he should have been fired after year 2 .... that was wrong

Actually, his position is we have a Michael Kelly problem for not firing him after year 2 ..... which is not only wrong but ridiculous.

Technically, though, CCS should really have been fired after the 2018 Game7 since nothing good happened from then on ....... Hell, he really never should have been hired in the first place seeing how things ultimately played out ....Wait, CWT should never have been hired because him jumping ship is what set things in motion for the CCS hire .... which brings us back to having a Doug Woolard problem (which more than a few on here can embrace) and not a Michael Kelly problem.

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Strong should have been fired after Year 2, 

No he shouldn't have been and you don't know that the team was "set back a year" by Kelly doing what every AD in America would have done ..... 

Reality is we may have been set back many more years if Kelly had in fact fired CCS after year 2 with the record he had 

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

59 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Chapel, Frisco and Jaye Davidson should all go on tour together.

The snack pack? 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Chapel, Frisco and Jaye Davidson should all go on tour together.

Had to look up who Jaye Davidson was, I am sure this was funny but I missed the joke. I have no choice but to use the emoji, that argument is beyond tired and you won’t let it go even after having your ass handed to you. Move on to something else.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Had to look up who Jaye Davidson was, I am sure this was funny but I missed the joke. I have no choice but to use the emoji, that argument is beyond tired and you won’t let it go even after having your ass handed to you. Move on to something else.

He has nothing else .... ***** and moan about USF football and basketball coaches is his whole schtick .... personal attacks when ass handed to him .... rinse and repeat

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If by "having my ass handed to me" you mean our AD coming to the same conclusion and finally doing what I said needed to be done a year earlier, then by all means my ass was handed to me lol did what every other AD in the country and what everyone else here said we would do

FIFY

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

If by "having my ass handed to me" you mean our AD coming to the same conclusion and finally doing what I said needed to be done a year earlier, then by all means my ass was handed to me lol

You Kelly sycophants crack me up.

The jury is still out on Kelly however to chastise him for not making a career ending decision in the first 6 mos of his new position is foolish to some and outright dumb as hell to most.  We will agree to disagree on this one, Chuck is gone so let it die.