• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly may be a candidate for the ACC commissioner job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

That part is true.... 

MK knew? = True on that part. Good thing 25% is passing. Prob wouldn't know if my theorem is correct for about 2-3 years. One never knows do one??  Wouldn't be interesting if MK wanted to stay at USF? But, top job ACC along with the money...?

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

LRS was a speacial man and taken from us too early. Higgins has shown limited interest in the past and not sure why it would appeal to him now.

I’m not saying he would be interested, but times change, people change - except here in the Bullspen

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If he is offered the job he should take it.

I have been thinking about this. I wonder if he would? Certainly I understand it’s for a lot of money and maybe that does in the conversation. But it seems to me that a college commissioner job is a lot of paper pushing. I guess the same is true for an AD job as well but it would seem to get more PR benefits. But I suspect your right he is probably gone if offered. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Its a significant step up both in terms of role and class. Once the P5 breaks away from the G5, you'll even see coaches jumping ship even if it means a step down in role. 

Bry, what do you mean by coaches jumping ship after a break?  To where and why?  Sorry, I'm not well versed on this stuff.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

I see.  Thanks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

What makes him a great candidate for the job? I think he has did okay here, but not firing strong earlier was a huge mistake. He seems to be better at fund raising and making public appearances than Harlan was. I think he is an above average AD and would make him an  commissioner. He supposedly has contacts and that is the main reason he is being propped up. I would love to get out of g5 status and was hoping he would use those contacts to help us. Keeping Strong was the wrong message and It tainted my views of him.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

44 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

What makes him a great candidate for the job? I think he has did okay here, but not firing strong earlier was a huge mistake. He seems to be better at fund raising and making public appearances than Harlan was. I think he is an above average AD and would make him an  commissioner. He supposedly has contacts and that is the main reason he is being propped up. I would love to get out of g5 status and was hoping he would use those contacts to help us. Keeping Strong was the wrong message and It tainted my views of him.

If he had fired CCS after an unprecedented 2 years his name probably wouldn't be being tossed out there ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If he did we'd be in Year 2 of the rebuild and the arrow of the program could be pointing up

Or be in the same situation MBB was in 2 years after firing Stan ..... you have no clue where'd we be. At that point in time who do you think was more highly thought of around most of college football, USF or CCS? You're probably not getting head coaches like Dabo endorsing the job to his assistant coach under those circumstances. CCS did what he should have after that 2nd year by shaking things up, staff and player wise. It didn't work, you move on. I've got no trouble thinking outside the box at times at this level but there's a difference between that and plain being stupid ......... and firing CCS at that point would have been stupid, unless you've got those 20/20 hindsight goggles strapped on tightly.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

50 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Or be in the same situation MBB was in 2 years after firing Stan ..... you have no clue where'd we be. At that point in time who do you think was more highly thought of around most of college football, USF or CCS? You're probably not getting head coaches like Dabo endorsing the job to his assistant coach under those circumstances. CCS did what he should have after that 2nd year by shaking things up, staff and player wise. It didn't work, you move on. I've got no trouble thinking outside the box at times at this level but there's a difference between that and plain being stupid ......... and firing CCS at that point would have been stupid, unless you've got those 20/20 hindsight goggles strapped on tightly.

The program looked lifeless under strong during the 6 game losing streak. That carried over to a lifeless team. Strong is gone and was a putrid coach for us. He maybe worse than Skip, the case can be made for either as terrible coaches.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

You can go back and read my posts after the 2018 season and the "disaster that Kelly was setting us all up for in 2019". No hindsight needed - as usual I was ahead of the curve.

We can just look at any of your posts EVER, they all predict doom and gloom for our teams and tell everyone how bad the coaches are .......of course you'll be right on occasion ..... 

• Upvote 1