• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly may be a candidate for the ACC commissioner job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

With all the major accomplishments he has had since he took a job at USF I am surprised he may have to settle for the ACC when the NFL owners should be banging on his door and giving Roger the boot.

Firing Chuck Mush is at the forefront with me. Plus one Mike.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

Higgins would be the best hire by far for the next phase/generation of USF athletics.

So I saw Derrick Brooks at the first call in show for Chuck Mush. I asked him how strongly he considered the AD at USF. He said, “ very strongly .” He then added “ let’s give Mike a chance first.“ Derrick Brooks will be our next AD if he bolts.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

So I saw Derrick Brooks at the first call in show for Chuck Mush. I asked him how strongly he considered the AD at USF. He said, “ very strongly .” He then added “ let’s give Mike a chance first.“ Derrick Brooks will be our next AD if he bolts.

Man, I know he is connected in a Tampa, but I would still have to think long about this. 

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,087
  • Days Won:  56

24 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Man, I know he is connected in a Tampa, but I would still have to think long about this. 

Me, too. Higgins will always be my guy: A USF alum who has done wonders in his current job and is well liked by everyone. 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403

37 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

DB would be a great hire also

19 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Me, too. Higgins will always be my guy: A USF alum who has done wonders in his current job and is well liked by everyone. 

Higgins would be a great fit. You know he bleeds green and gold. I have only heard great things about him. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Higgins would be a great fit. You know he bleeds green and gold. I have only heard great things about him. 

I think Dave is spot on, this guy will work hard, is ambitious, successful and loves the school.  I loved DB back in the day (after FSU obviously) however as an ex HOF he has made his mark.  I would rather hire someone who is still looking to make his mark and for him to love the school is the cherry on top.  I know some of you would say LRS was similar to DB but he was a much better businessman, politician and a terrific individual and DB does not measure up to him, ( no slight on DB but Lee Roy Selmon was a one of a kind)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well this will take care of that "Michael Kelly problem"

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,087
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I got to know him a little when I was doing the magazine and he was a student manager for the men’s hoops team under Seth. Great guy. My only concern is that he hasn’t really shown much interest in the position in the past for whatever reason.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I got to know him a little when I was doing the magazine and he was a student manager for the men’s hoops team under Seth. Great guy. My only concern is that he hasn’t really shown much interest in the position in the past for whatever reason.

Which is understandable as this type of work is not for everyone...putting out fires, keeping the financials, dealing with coaches/players, etc. On top of that there is the PR responsibilities.