• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly may be a candidate for the ACC commissioner job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

So, here's a feel good thing// MK knew this Swofford retirement was coming. So, he courts one of his old ACC buddies to pooch one of his coaches for USF/CJS knowing, he was on the fast track list for the ACC job. So, he plans on bringing USF along on a much needed expansion in the ACC. Ok, that's all the fiction I can come up with right now. 

I know the reality of USF/AAC sports but I always hate to think we are but a stepping stone-resume filler.

Dam--Cuz's good bye note this morning, Kelly possibly leaving, plague vs sports unknowns, it's cloudy out....This day has Bummer written all over it.     👎

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

So, here's a feel good thing// MK knew this Swofford retirement was coming. So, he courts one of his old ACC buddies to pooch one of his coaches for USF/CJS knowing, he was on the fast track list for the ACC job. So, he plans on bringing USF along on a much needed expansion in the ACC. Ok, that's all the fiction I can come up with right now. 

I know the reality of USF/AAC sports but I always hate to think we are but a stepping stone-resume filler.

Dam--Cuz's good bye note this morning, Kelly possibly leaving, plague vs sports unknowns, it's cloudy out....This day has Bummer written all over it.     👎

At least it is Friday and we can drink it all away shortly.  After the losing seasons in FB and MBB, Covid and all the dissent in the nation I no longer really get disappointed.  I won’t let these things outside of my control bother me, We are all on the right side of the dirt so cheers my fellow Bulls fans! :guinness:.  Posting Cousin Ricky’s signature emoji in his absence! 

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

At least it is Friday and we can drink it all away shortly.  After the losing seasons in FB and MBB, Covid and all the dissent in the nation I no longer really get disappointed.  I won’t let these things outside of my control bother me, We are all on the right side of the dirt so cheers my fellow Bulls fans! :guinness:.  Posting Cousin Ricky’s signature emoji in his absence! 

CHEERS!!!!!  Let's all raise a glass to CuzR today. From now on this day will be remembered as: "Friday The 26th"

GO BULL"S >>Whoever/Wherever You May Be...

ROCKY HORNS UP (2).jpg

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

With all the major accomplishments he has had since he took a job at USF I am surprised he may have to settle for the ACC when the NFL owners should be banging on his door and giving Roger the boot.

Never hired back CJL, and never built the OCS, if the AAC wants mediocrity, then go for it.

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

I still think the guy who will eventually be the AD that makes it happen and is remembered at USF will be Rob Higgins. He is a perfect fit - long term - for that job, although it doesn't appear he's ever shown a lot of interest. But he's still a young man and things change. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

CHEERS!!!!!  Let's all raise a glass to CuzR today. From now on this day will be remembered as: "Friday The 26th"

GO BULL"S >>Whoever/Wherever You May Be...

ROCKY HORNS UP (2).jpg

I don't think he actually left did he?

10 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I don't think he actually left did he?

Cuz post: may only be written in the spirit of leaving only one that knows is CuzR. But, when somebody on here gets to a point they are overwhelmed or burned out and say's they are leaving TBP it is a bummer. I don't know him  personally but he seems like a nice guy and, he seemed to provide some firsthand insight into USF. 

If your referring to MK? Who knows??? Only info is the tweet posted. The 2 topics got blended. I was attaching to an above post. 

Edited by BulledOver
info
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 hours ago, BulledOver said:

So, here's a feel good thing// MK knew this Swofford retirement was coming 

That part is true.... 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,627

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I still think the guy who will eventually be the AD that makes it happen and is remembered at USF will be Rob Higgins. He is a perfect fit - long term - for that job, although it doesn't appear he's ever shown a lot of interest. But he's still a young man and things change. 

Higgins would be the best hire by far for the next phase/generation of USF athletics.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

Higgins would be the best hire by far for the next phase/generation of USF athletics.

my thoughts exactly, doubt Kelly gets that big a jump though