• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference Pre Season Ranking #4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I don't think finishing 4th in this conference will be enough to get to the NCAAtournament though. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Collins isn’t playing pg. it’s castanaeda or Zach at pg. brown is best at 6th man. I suspect if Collins comes back it’s;

pg Castanaeda

sg. Collins

sf Murphy

pf Yetna

c  Durr but Oduro if eligible 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

Collins isn’t playing pg. it’s castanaeda or Zach at pg. brown is best at 6th man. I suspect if Collins comes back it’s;

pg Castanaeda

sg. Collins

sf Murphy

pf Yetna

Not sure if Murphy starts. Believe I've heard CBG say that he'll work him in.  May have been in one of those Zoom type meetings.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Three bid conference to the big dance. Hello NIT with a 4th place finish. Which for us is like teaching the NCAA. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,840
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, JTrue said:

If it’s a cruise ship who’s been out at sea for a few months, I’ll pass.

Agreed , it is nice talking about sports again, hopefully we will even be able to talk about actual games being played as well, fingers crossed.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

23 hours ago, bcgruber said:

4. South Florida

Projected Starting 5:

G David Collins

G Caleb Murphy

G Justin Brown

F Alexis Yetna

C Michael Durr

Key Losses: Laquincy Rideau

Key Newcomers: Caleb Murphy, Luke Anderson (Iowa State), Alexis Yetna (injury)

Sit Out Transfers: Prince Oduro (Mississippi State), Russell Tchewa (Texas Tech)

Projected Bench: Xavier Castaneda, Zack Dawson, Rashun Williams, Luke Anderson, Jamir Chaplin, Madut Akec

2020 NBA Draft Watch: David Collins (will go through NBA Draft process)

The Skinny: Brian Gregory adds a Top-100 freshman in Murphy and a forgotten star in the 6-8 Yetna, who missed last season due to injury. If Yetna regains the form he showed two years ago as a freshman (12.3 points, 9.6 rebounds), South Florida will compete for a berth in the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Do I have the full prediction for the AAC? yeah, it was in the original post. If you want to see the logic for it being an expectation, I think the author laid it out pretty well.

Asked another way, does anyone have the link to the content provided?  Not only should we post the link, but I'd like to see the full story.

bry, I can see you're a bit abrysive today.  If you have the link, please post.  Once I see the team, I'll put together my expectation.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

pg Castanaeda

sg. Collins

sf Murphy

pf Yetna

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure if Murphy starts. Believe I've heard CBG say that he'll work him in.  May have been in one of those Zoom type meetings.

I don't think Murphy starts initially, either. Too much returning talent. JB should start at the 3 but if he's still embracing that 6th man role, I think it will be Anderson there. In a perfect world, I'd love to redshirt Murphy (but not if by some miracle DC leaves early). Should have enough playahs already here to take a next step.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537

Don't sleep on Chaplin. Word is he is the best athlete on the team and showed some nice moments last year. 

If Luke Anderson can shoot like I've heard and Brown can get a little more consistant with his outside shot, this team is an NCAA team

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Asked another way, does anyone have the link to the content provided?  Not only should we post the link, but I'd like to see the full story.

bry, I can see you're a bit abrysive today.  If you have the link, please post.  Once I see the team, I'll put together my expectation.  

I didn't see the link posted. Here it is below. Jon Rothstein is all things college basketball so he has good insight on our conference. He's very high on SMU too. Looks like they return everyone. I know Cincinnati lost 2 really good players but I would never rank them behind us. They are always strong and tend to reload with new guys every year. Would love to win one against them this year. They have owned us in basketball. Also, no way Castaneda doesn't start at PG to start the year. He basically started every game the last half of last season and BG loves his defense. 

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/american-conference-offseason-breakdown/

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, Brad said:

https://collegehoopstoday.com/index.php/rothstein-files/american-conference-offseason-breakdown/