• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carson Ragsdale

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 6/12/2020 at 9:21 PM, chapelbull said:

It's not a matter of "defending".  I stated the facts.   His 3 years haven't been any worse than most other USF coach's first 3 years so why make it sound like he has killed the program and woefully underachieved.  Why was he "riding Kingston's coat tails?"  He was here too.  It's not like a CCS situation where he came in and inherited a team he had nothing to do with and then a couple of holdover players carried the team.  He helped build the team that was here.

What I have seen is a pretty good recruiting class last year and this year.  I saw several very solid young players this past year and it appears there are some good ones coming in.  Let's let it play out, which is what I have said all along about the guy.

Or are you in the fire CBG crew as well?

Pretty good points.

No Im not in the fire the coach this year .  he didnt get a real season and thats not fair to him.

I dont follow baseball recruiting, so if you say that its been pretty good recently then that provides hope.  Although recruiting ratings are very subjective.  

All I know is what I see is overall lack of talent, a Coach who is downwardly trending year after year (sound familiar), a coach that may be a pretty good pitching coach but may not be very good at coaching and motivating an entire team.

It just feels to me that he is following the infamous (CCS blueprint).

He gets one more year (UGH) and if there is not dramatic improvement.  Then HE GONE!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Pretty good points.

No Im not in the fire the coach this year .  he didnt get a real season and thats not fair to him.

I dont follow baseball recruiting, so if you say that its been pretty good recently then that provides hope.  Although recruiting ratings are very subjective.  

All I know is what I see is overall lack of talent, a Coach who is downwardly trending year after year (sound familiar), a coach that may be a pretty good pitching coach but may not be very good at coaching and motivating an entire team.

It just feels to me that he is following the infamous (CCS blueprint).

He gets one more year (UGH) and if there is not dramatic improvement.  Then HE GONE!

I am with you. He gets his year. With all that has been going on he deserves that. But he has to do much more than just make the AAC tournament to survive. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, bcgruber said:

Like a dagger to the heart when any Bulls go to that godforsaken fan base. Hope for personal success, good money and for him to get the hell out of there to a better place as soon as he can ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Ragsdale found himself in the rotation as the Sunday starter amid his return in 2020. In his final appearance with USF before COVID-19 forced the NCAA to halt all athletic competition, Ragsdale struck out 10 batters over four innings against the No. 1 ranked team in the country, the University of Florida. Mohl called it the most dominant outing he has ever seen. Phillies amateur scouting director Brian Barber was in attendance that day.

Carson-Ragsdale--1000x600.jpeg
WWW.PHILLIESNATION.COM

Read - On Carson Ragsdale: The Phillies' 4th round pick who once dominated the best team in college baseball - and more Phillies news and rumors at PhilliesNation.com

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Carson-Ragsdale--1000x600.jpeg
WWW.PHILLIESNATION.COM

Read - On Carson Ragsdale: The Phillies' 4th round pick who once dominated the best team in college baseball - and more Phillies news and rumors at PhilliesNation.com

It says in the article that the Phillies were already on him, but that Florida game sealed the deal it sounds like.  The article also pointed out the need for him to develop a third pitch, but that fastball and curveball will make him a nasty reliever if nothing else.  It would have been very interesting to see him pitch on Friday nights if the season didn't get cut short.   We had a pretty nasty 1-2-3 punch for the weekends

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

congrats and the best of luck

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5