• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carson Ragsdale

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Why does USF Baseball under-perform year after year?

Because we have a "Mohl" in our midst.  At least the reason for the current affairs of the program imo.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

45 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Because we have a "Mohl" in our midst.  At least the reason for the current affairs of the program imo.

You mean the "Mohl" with 1 Tourney appearance (2nd in the conference), 1 dud year, and 1 incomplete year?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

29 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You mean the "Mohl" with 1 Tourney appearance (2nd in the conference), 1 dud year, and 1 incomplete year?

Normally, I’d say it was an incomplete year, too. But, this team might have lucked out by not having to play the rest of the season. What were we hitting during the easy part of our schedule, .215 as a team?

Edited by JTrue

Guest Jonesy Bull
50 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Seriously........you are defending him.  OK, he rode the coat tails of Kingston for one year.....WHOO HOO..

I would love to be wrong , but I'm not feeling the "Mohl" tingling though my body.  

What the F have you seen that makes you think even remotely that he has the ability to take us where we want to go??  Please endear me with your wisdom of this guy that I don't know or see?  And I'm guessing alot of other people on this board would like to hear this too!

Guest Jonesy Bull
25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Normally, I’d say it was an incomplete year, too. But, this team might have lucked out by not having to play the rest of the season. What were we hitting during the easy part of our schedule, .215 as a team?

Agree!!

4 hours ago, JTrue said:

Maybe, but it was incomplete and we were really young.  Hitting was not strong, but I believe we have some nice recruits coming in and there were some younger guys showing some potential as well.  Bad news is/was Rags is going to be gone.  I thought there was a chance heading into the season that he would be here another season.   

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Seriously........you are defending him.  OK, he rode the coat tails of Kingston for one year.....WHOO HOO..

I would love to be wrong , but I'm not feeling the "Mohl" tingling though my body.  

What the F have you seen that makes you think even remotely that he has the ability to take us where we want to go??  Please endear me with your wisdom of this guy that I don't know or see?  And I'm guessing alot of other people on this board would like to hear this too!

It's not a matter of "defending".  I stated the facts.   His 3 years haven't been any worse than most other USF coach's first 3 years so why make it sound like he has killed the program and woefully underachieved.  Why was he "riding Kingston's coat tails?"  He was here too.  It's not like a CCS situation where he came in and inherited a team he had nothing to do with and then a couple of holdover players carried the team.  He helped build the team that was here.

What I have seen is a pretty good recruiting class last year and this year.  I saw several very solid young players this past year and it appears there are some good ones coming in.  Let's let it play out, which is what I have said all along about the guy.

Or are you in the fire CBG crew as well?

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,068
  • Days Won:  56

5 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Mohl’s tenure looks a lot like Charlie Strong’s so far - a good year with a talented team left by his predecessor and then . . . 

Edited by Dave_Glaser

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Mohl’s tenure looks a lot like Charlie Strong’s so far - a good year with a talented team left by his predecessor and then . . . 

Like I said above, he helped build that team so it isn't the same thing at all.  No matter what happens he isn't another CCS.  And there is a ton of young talent on this team.  If it turns out Mohl just can't get it done as a HC, then whoever follows will be in good shape.  He gets another year thanks to the Covid and we will see how it plays out.

Let's also not forget that his dud year featured several injuries to an already thin pitching staff due to graduation not to mention the loss of key bats.  And if it was thin due to recruiting that would have been on Kingston/Current not Mohl.