• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BIG EAST ATHLETIC SPENDING

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Three questions that came to mind.

1.) Why are we spending less than other teams? Is it that we do not have the money, or that we do not have the expenses. Like is debt service on on-campus stadiums part of that number? What makes up the budgets?

2.) How would USF spend the additional funds? Coaches salaries? Better jerseys? Marketing?!

3.) Why is USF so underfunded? Most are state schools and most have even less students than USF. Are most of the funds generated BY AND FOR the athletic department? If so who is responsible for the deficit?

I don't think throwing money solves most money problems because most money problems come from a deeper source. Find the reason why USF is behind (other than time spent in the Big East) and fix it.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

fire the OC and whoever is responsible for QB recruiting

and pay a KNOWN quantity to come in and fix this, NOW!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Dead last of teams with D-IA football programs very very very sad

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

REMEMBER ... we dictate what we can spend ... that's what's sad  :-[

Donations can be paid quarterly.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  231

Kinda one of my points ET:  Are you in charge of fundraising?

What is the plan to raise money? What steps have been taken in the last 7 years to increase the donor base and how effective have those steps been?

I remember being asked to be a begger for the program and I remember the donor levels going up, but has that done anything to increase the bottom line?

WE are not in charge. There are people being paid to develop the program and they should be held accountable if they are not getting the job done.

I also feel obligated to say that college football is not a charity, it is a million dollar per year business and an entertainment industry. Earn the money like any other business. Develop a product that people want to see. Advertise it. Then when people come to a game make the experience something that people want to become part of and FOR GODS SAKE TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS WELL!! Then the money will take care of itself.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What has spending nearly $32 million gotten Rutgers thus far?  Spending just for the sake of spending makes no sense.  You also have to remember, those are last years numbers.  I'd be interested to see how it all shakes out this year.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

What has spending nearly $32 million gotten Rutgers thus far?  Spending just for the sake of spending makes no sense.  You also have to remember, those are last years numbers.  I'd be interested to see how it all shakes out this year.

Rutgers just finished construction on a brand new facility just before USF finished thiers.  Arguably it is nicer than USF's and I'm pretty sure more costly.  These teams are also in the Northeast were things in general just cost more.  With that being written, USF cannot be expected to immediately spend at the same level as ND, Pitt, UCONN, Louisville, WVU or Syracuse in revenues b/c of the age of football.  Football has always been a revenue stream for those teams.  It barely is in the black at USF which is good for a 9 yr old program that has been fiscally responsible.  The alumni base for those school has heritage (is older) and is rich in tradition.  Sons, daughters, grandchildren are sent to parents alm maters of these schools.  Forget comparing ND with their own TV contract.  UCONN is the only state school in CN playing D1A FB.  Same for Syracyse and Rutgers.  UL only competes vs UKY.  Pitt only has PSU for competition for state dollars.  Temple is barely D1.  WVU dwarfs Marshall in WV.  Cincinnatti and USF are the only BE FB schools under similar circumstances - multiple D1 FB state schools to compete for FB dollars and relatively a small alumni base.