• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Appears as if ALL AAC teams are good to go for CFB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Probably because playing football is 1000x more dangerous for them than if they even actually caught covid.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Once again very astute, CTE is incredibly more dangerous and I am not sure If we are sheep or have a political angle but it does make most of us scratch our heads. 

It would be astute if the players could also pass that CTE onto his parents, grandparents, etc ..... and I'd be interested as to who the 'us' in "it does make most of us scratch our heads" is referring to ..... flat earthers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Probably because playing football is 1000x more dangerous for them than if they even actually caught covid.

Not even remotely true. Between 2000 and 2016, 33 football players died during NCAA sanctioned football. There are 130 D1 teams, 169 D2 teams, and 250 D3 teams. Let’s give them an average of 75 players per team. That’s 41,175 in one year alone. Let’s do some unscientific math and say 41,175 x 17 years = 699,975. Then let’s do some more unscientific math and say these players all stick around for 4 years so the number is 1/4 as high. Divide that by 4 and you get 174,994. So, we’re talking about 33 deaths out of 174,994 total players (and that’s ridiculously too low, but whatever).

NCAA football death rate...00.02%

Tell me I’m wrong and show me how playing NCAA football is 1000x more dangerous than Covid-19.

If your defense is going to be injuries like having bad knees when you’re older, don’t even bother responding.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It would be astute if the players could also pass that CTE onto his parents, grandparents, etc ..... and I'd be interested as to who the 'us' in "it does make most of us scratch our heads" is referring to ..... flat earthers?

Trips the gig is up and we are on to the next crisis, I know you are old but please keep up.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

26 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not even remotely true. Between 2000 and 2016, 33 football players died during NCAA sanctioned football. There are 130 D1 teams, 169 D2 teams, and 250 D3 teams. Let’s give them an average of 75 players per team. That’s 41,175 in one year alone. Let’s do some unscientific math and say 41,175 x 17 years = 699,975. Then let’s do some more unscientific math and say these players all stick around for 4 years so the number is 1/4 as high. Divide that by 4 and you get 174,994. So, we’re talking about 33 deaths out of 174,994 total players (and that’s ridiculously too low, but whatever).

NCAA football death rate...00.02%

Tell me I’m wrong and show me how playing NCAA football is 1000x more dangerous than Covid-19.

If your defense is going to be injuries like having bad knees when you’re older, don’t even bother responding.

I said dangerous and not deadly although your spitball  estimate on just deaths directly related to actually playing in the game is 2x higher than the CDC estimates the death rate to be for their age group. Add to the that the injuries you mentioned, the CTE mentioned by Frisco, the deaths in training, the injuries in training, the pain med addictions from masking injuries, the stds from having to hook up with coeds regularly, the plane crashes from Marshal, the slaps from coaches and it’s pretty obvious that to a 21 year old male being a football player is way more dangerous to you than something you more than likely will have no idea you have ever gotten and if you have an idea you got it you more than likely will barely notice and if you do actually die from it that would have been a 1 in a thousand chance and you probably were too sick to even play football to begin with. This isn’t swimming we are talking about this is something where people purposely go out and try to murder each other for everyone’s entertainment and if you are fine with that you are more than fine with putting them at risk especially for something as ridiculously benign to their age group as the common flu.

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What does their parents and grandparents have to do with dangers to them?

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I said dangerous and not deadly although your spitball  estimate on just deaths directly related to actually playing in the game is 2x higher than the CDC estimates the death rate to be for their age group. Add to the that the injuries you mentioned, the CTE mentioned by Frisco, the deaths in training, the injuries in training, the pain med addictions from masking injuries, the stds from having to hook up with coeds regularly, the plane crashes from Marshal, the slaps from coaches and it’s pretty obvious that to a 21 year old male being a football player is way more dangerous to you than something you more than likely will have no idea you have ever gotten and if you have an idea you got it you more than likely will barely notice and if you do actually die from it that would have been a 1 in a thousand chance and you probably were too sick to even play football to begin with. This isn’t swimming we are talking about this is something where people purposely go out and try to murder each other for everyone’s entertainment and if you are fine with that you are more than fine with putting them at risk especially for something as ridiculously benign to their age group as the common flu.

So, no? NCAA football is not 1000x more dangerous? That’s the takeaway?

And honestly, I’m disappointed. I assumed you’d double down and tell me it’s more than 2000x times more dangerous and then back it up with absolutely ******* nothing. You were halfway predictable.

Edited by JTrue

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

So, no? NCAA football is not 1000x more dangerous? That’s the takeaway?

And honestly, I’m disappointed. I assumed you’d double down and tell me it’s more than 2000x times more dangerous and then back it up with absolutely ******* nothing. You were halfway predictable.

Make it 100000x the fact still remains that 💯 of football players experience negative consequences as a result of playing and are in legitimate danger of shredding a knee, being paralyzed, or even dying on every play where as your typical college athlete has a zero percent chance of having any negative effect from Covid. 

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

your typical college athlete has a zero percent chance of having any negative effect from Covid. 

There's the double down I was waiting for. Since you opened this up to a typical college athlete. Football averages about 2 deaths per year. Let's assume that's the highest number and other sports are below that. I'll be generous and say 2 more die from other sports, making a total of 4 NCAA sport related deaths per year is average. How much are you willing to bet that less than 5 NCAA players die in 2020-2021 from Covid? Would that make it more dangerous? Or is there a number of bad knees that equal a death and you'd like to make the total number 10? 20? And don't get me wrong here, I know there is an inherent risk in football, but you threw down the gauntlet and said your typical athlete is more at risk of danger from playing their sport than from Covid. So that means golf is in play here, swimming, tennis, cross country. All of it. So since no NCAA players died from golf, if 1 golfer dies, you're wrong. Covid is more dangerous to a golfer than golfing is. A golfer is a typical college athlete.

If more than 4 NCAA athletes die this year as a result of Covid, I want you to change your signature to "Covid killed more athletes than sports did in 2020-2021." If 4 or less die, I will make mine, "Covid is a ***** and sports are more dangerous. Puc is right."

Edited by JTrue

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

There's the double down I was waiting for. Since you opened this up to a typical college athlete. Football averages about 2 deaths per year. Let's assume that's the highest number and other sports are below that. I'll be generous and say 2 more die from other sports, making a total of 4 NCAA sport related deaths per year is average. How much are you willing to bet that less than 5 NCAA players die in 2020-2021 from Covid? Would that make it more dangerous? Or is there a number of bad knees that equal a death and you'd like to make the total number 10? 20? And don't get me wrong here, I know there is an inherent risk in football, but you threw down the gauntlet and said your typical athlete is more at risk of danger from playing their sport than from Covid. So that means golf is in play here, swimming, tennis, cross country. All of it. So since no NCAA players died from golf, if 1 golfer dies, you're wrong. Covid is more dangerous to a golfer than golfing is. A golfer is a typical college athlete.

If more than 4 NCAA athletes die this year as a result of Covid, I want you to change your signature to "Covid killed more athletes than sports did in 2020-2021." If 4 or less die, I will make mine, "Covid is a ***** and sports are more dangerous. Puc is right."

There will be exactly zero college football players that die from Covid, not four, not three, not two and not one, zero (unless Chris Weinke has another year of eligibility I don’t know about). And even so that is besides the point because danger comes in many other forms which strikes football players across the board all of which leads to a far greater risk of them playing football than catching what is the common cold for them.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

jtrue and puc should have a podcast

one death is one death too many