• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Appears as if ALL AAC teams are good to go for CFB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

What FBS programs do you think are most at risk for not playing? San Jose State and Fresno State come to mind first.

Right. Somehow he must think OU, Neb, ND is just waiting by the phone for us to call. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Is the thought there that we will drop an existing OOC game so we can replace them with a better opponent who needs a game? I have a hard time seeing Kelly bail on a game this close to the season in order to trade up. Most likely, if any teams can't play in 2020, we'll see schools with common opponents who shut it down or with common open dates look to play each other.

And most will simply play fewer than 12 games...Especially if they are non-conference.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How is that payoff going to work when you will have to pay a fee for dropping a game (to the school and conference)? You sure as hell won’t make it up at the gate (25% max allowed). This has to be your dumbest post yet and that is saying a lot. 

We wouldn’t pay a fee if the opposition is the one dropping the game, that’s what this whole thread is about. 

26 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

What FBS programs do you think are most at risk for not playing? San Jose State and Fresno State come to mind first.

I would say most any team in California has a decent shot, Illinois would not shock me as well as NY. You literally made a detailed post and map of what teams were least likely to play, I would start with the bluest ones and those most likely to have concerns over public safety being disregarded for entertainment purposes.

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Is the thought there that we will drop an existing OOC game so we can replace them with a better opponent who needs a game? I have a hard time seeing Kelly bail on a game this close to the season in order to trade up. Most likely, if any teams can't play in 2020, we'll see schools with common opponents who shut it down or with common open dates look to play each other.

No the thought is if teams on our schedule are not playing we would look to fill those games with other teams that are playing and are likely situated.

Edited by puc86

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And most will simply play fewer than 12 games...Especially if they are non-conference.

And if multiple teams in their conference and their out of conference slate are also not paying they will simply play 6 games because why would you ever bother to fill your schedule like teams scramble to do anytime they are able?

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Gotcha - do we have anyone on our schedule with a shot at cancelling? if so, then I think it makes sense to go for a pay day game to help close the financial gap.

Temple would probably be the most likely but probably not, that being said that doesn’t mean we ought to be celebrating that there is a missed opportunity at reshuffling the deck because we currently have a deuce seven off suit that we should be happy to muck.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

what is the plan if coaches and players contract the virus during the season? is the entire team quarantined?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, smazza said:

what is the plan if coaches and players contract the virus during the season? is the entire team quarantined?

I would think they would just quarantine the person or people that actually have the virus.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would think they would just quarantine the person or people that actually have the virus.  

I'm not sure if that is how it would work.  If he exposed his roommate and, let's say, the other position players at his position, who knows what would happen.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

21 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Are we really sure we want to play this year?