• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We could have as few as 9 AAC teams playing but the conference will go on

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

sounds like usf plans to play, against whom???

On the town hall Microsoft Team meeting last night VPofA MK said they'll play whomever will play us if some scheduled opponents can't field a team either because of State regulations and/or unhealthy players. The situation is obviously fluid and they are making contingency plans for tons of scenarios. But, as of last night, they plan on playing Texas @ Texas on whatever day the game is.  They are discussing scenarios in which some conference teams may play less conference games than others and how the standings/tiebreakers would work.  He also mentioned, as of now, there have been no cuts in pay.  But at the end he and FCJS both mentioned we needed some financial help from current and, hopefully, new boosters. They followed the meeting with sending out an email looking for donations. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

They followed the meeting with sending out an email looking for donations. 

A Letter from Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly

Dear Bulls Fans,

Good evening, everyone. I hope you and your families are staying healthy. Here at USF, we are committed to doing our part to keep our community strong and ensure that our student-athletes, coaches and staff are safe. Please know we are thinking of you in these challenging times and we look forward to seeing each of you at USF Athletics events.

The impact of this pandemic has touched us all, from individuals to organizations. In the last few months, USF Athletics has come to realize a number of challenges to the sustainability of intercollegiate athletics as we know it. The cancelation of the NCAA March Madness tournament and American Athletic Conference spring events has severely limited the incoming revenue from the conference, the NCAA and our television partnerships. Combined, the expected hit to our upcoming budget for the 2020-21 athletic year will be in the millions. This collective hit has knocked us down, and we need your help to get back up.

Sports have always taught us the value of uplifting a teammate when they are down on the court or field during competition. It’s a sign of leadership, cohesiveness, and team unity. We are proud to be part of #BullsUnited in Action, a giving initiative that highlights the various ways USF campuses, colleges and units are coming together to assist our students and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Today, I’m asking each of you who are able to support USF Athletics to “Uplift the Bulls” and be one of the #BullsUnited in Action by donating to the Bulls Club Annual Fund. With your help, we can lift each of our student-athletes back up through these tough times and propel them forward in the classroom, in the community, and back on the playing field.

By clicking HERE to assist in this effort, you will be providing unrestricted support that will allow us to weather the difficulties that lay ahead and continue to support the needs of our student-athletes. Be a great teammate by picking up your Bulls today!

Thank you again for all the ways you support USF Athletics each and every day. We’re proud that you are a part of our Bulls family.

Horns Up!

Michael Kelly

Vice President of Athletics

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

I got that also

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Imagine paying a school for being shut down...

5 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Imagine paying a school for being shut down...

My question, which didn't get addressed, was what happens to the payday at Tejas if they play it in front of no fans? 25%? 50%?  Do we still get the full pay?  I'm guessing not.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

32 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

My question, which didn't get addressed, was what happens to the payday at Tejas if they play it in front of no fans? 25%? 50%?  Do we still get the full pay?  I'm guessing not.

I'd assume USF would hold UT accountable for full pay out regardless. The only way we accept less money is if they agree to future 1 for 1 home games and call it even. Unless there is a stipulation in the contract, or the state of Texas massively interferes with functions of the game, a contract should be a contract. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403

I would think it is written in the contract as a percentage of the gate, which at the time was easier to predict what the amount would have been

3 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I'd assume USF would hold UT accountable for full pay out regardless. The only way we accept less money is if they agree to future 1 for 1 home games and call it even. Unless there is a stipulation in the contract, or the state of Texas massively interferes with functions of the game, a contract should be a contract. 

Baseball players have contracts. Ask Blake Snell how that's going.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I feel fairly certain there will be fans however not sure on the contract.  If we agree to get 1.9 million for them bailing out then not sure how they would tie it into attendance.  If they really wanted to split the gate then how does it work, there are so many hidden costs with the ticket costs and I doubt Texas had this in there contract, in the past  they would get 95k against  Tulsa.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034

20 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I am not an expert but I believe most contracts of this sort have an "Act of God" clause that accounts for weather and other unseen events that would prevent the game from being played. It would depend entirely on how that is worded.