• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Game - Orange Bowl

Guest FiredudeCPA

Guest FiredudeCPA

I would like to inform everyone about the BCS Game - Orange Bowl.  Please be advised that even if we were eligible, we would not be picked.  The Orange Bowl Selection Committee is a client of mine and they stated that there is no way they would pick a Big East team (even if Louisville was eligible).  They said it was a result of ticket revenue (no kidding) and would tarnish their image.

I am not trying to be a downer...but please stop this BCS - Orange Bowl talk.

Anyways, do you honestly think a 3-3 team (with losing to Pitsburg) has a chance to win out?  I am the biggest USF fan from day one and am a big optimist (but I am also a realist).

I know it's fun to talk about getting into a bowl....but please don't waste your breath about the Orange Bowl.

Keith Tribble (OBC head figure) is coming to RayJay because he promised he would go to all of the schools.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

If...and I do mean if USF wins the BE, it's Sugar or bust.  Don't wanna go to the dang crap hole (OB) again this season anyway.  It would probably be to play UM again too.  Screw that.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Actually BullDoug, the game is at Dolphins Stadium...

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Oh well...still wanna go to the Sugar.  Atlanta has nicer folk.  :)  Kinda funny though.  The Orange Bowl is not in the Orange Bowl.  Who'd a thought such a thing?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Only way a bowl would take an 8-3 USF BE champ would be due to final pick.  Really, that's all you can expect until we keep winning and gain a better following.  Whoever gets final selection will probably be "stuck" with us.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I would like to inform everyone about the BCS Game - Orange Bowl.  Please be advised that even if we were eligible, we would not be picked.  The Orange Bowl Selection Committee is a client of mine and they stated that there is no way they would pick a Big East team (even if Louisville was eligible).  They said it was a result of ticket revenue (no kidding) and would tarnish their image.

I am not trying to be a downer...but please stop this BCS - Orange Bowl talk.

Anyways, do you honestly think a 3-3 team (with losing to Pitsburg) has a chance to win out?  I am the biggest USF fan from day one and am a big optimist (but I am also a realist).

I know it's fun to talk about getting into a bowl....but please don't waste your breath about the Orange Bowl.

Keith Tribble (OBC head figure) is coming to RayJay because he promised he would go to all of the schools.

Biggest USF fan since day 1, yet guest posting for seemingly the first time on the board. Call me a bit skeptical about your intentions.

Does a 3-3 team have a chance to win out? Yes. That's why games are played. The loss to Pitt sucked, but we were our own worst enemy with our tunrnovers accounting for 21 Pitt points.

I believe we won 7 in a row to end the 2002 season, so it's not like it hasn't been done before.

The Orange Bowl knows a team like WVU is going to travel well and sell their allotment of tickets, so revenue wouldn't be an issue.