• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voluntary Practices are Approved by the NCAA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Treatment is not a cure. My point was, many people already do things that risk their life or health on a daily basis. We eat fried and fast food, have unprotected sex, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, dont get yearly check ups from the doctor....yet Corona some how puts the fear of God in everybody. And Im not taking away from the virus and quaranting at home, but eventually life has to go on.

Corona puts the fear of God in people because, unlike all those things you mentioned which are conscious choices, C-19 is a stealthy *****. I do agree that life has to go on but we need to do it smartly. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Corona puts the fear of God in people because, unlike all those things you mentioned which are conscious choices, C-19 is a stealthy *****.

It is raining and I am bored so what the heck, I will take the bait.  So Trips are you saying given the choice you would rather have HIV over Covid?  I know there are treatments but HIV is forever, most people outside of YOUR age group would be much more scared of Aids, Herpes, or Hepatitis than Covid, what a foolish comment.  

30 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is raining and I am bored so what the heck, I will take the bait.  So Trips are you saying given the choice you would rather have HIV over Covid?  I know there are treatments but HIV is forever, most people outside of YOUR age group would be much more scared of Aids, Herpes, or Hepatitis than Covid, what a foolish comment.  

Next time you want to take bait, please make sure it's being thrown out there. I have no clue where you're getting that response from. I Quoted a post and made a comment based on what was in that post. I went back and highlighted the particular part of that post I addressed for those that apparently didn't grasp it.

On 5/21/2020 at 12:08 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

Corona has a 1-2% mortality rate. HIV is a worse disease that has no cure yet plenty of people havung sex w/o condoms. Eventually life has to go on. Feed these boys some vitamin C and lets play ball.

Trips, he was clarifying his earlier remark (above).  It is important to read the entire thread when responding, it will provide you a deeper context and hopefully help you avoid making foolish observations, I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Trips, he was clarifying his earlier remark (above).  It is important to read the entire thread when responding, it will provide you a deeper context and hopefully help you avoid making foolish observations, I hope this helps.

He made perfectly clear what his point was he was clarifying ....

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Treatment is not a cure. My point was, many people already do things that risk their life or health on a daily basis. We eat fried and fast food, have unprotected sex, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, dont get yearly check ups from the doctor....yet Corona some how puts the fear of God in everybody. And Im not taking away from the virus and quaranting at home, but eventually life has to go on.

.... and I commented on that. The only foolishness here so far is you somehow coming up with the brilliant observation that my response indicated that I'd prefer getting HIV to the C-19. Hopefully it's stopped raining there so you're outside now doing something productive.

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He made perfectly clear what his point was he was clarifying ....

.... and I commented on that. The only foolishness here so far is you somehow coming up with the brilliant observation that my response indicated that I'd prefer getting HIV to the C-19. Hopefully it's stopped raining there so you're outside now doing something productive.

He responded that treatment is not a cure to an HIV reference.   Nice that you did not highlight the first and only sentence that mattered.  Still raining but should clear up in the next hour, hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend Trips.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

He responded that treatment is not a cure to an HIV reference.   Nice that you did not highlight the first and only sentence that mattered.  Still raining but should clear up in the next hour, hope you had a good Memorial Day weekend Trips.

I highlighted the sentence that started with "My point was". Stuff that matters usually follow those words. I agree with treatment for HIV is not a cure but not the second point he was making which is why I commented on that ........... and the only 'Day' I can relate to right now is Bill Murray's "Groundhog Day".

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,276
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

The writers of this article did not ask the question, what type of population was more suseptable to this disease?  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

8 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Too be fair, the article you linked to is stating that there are also studies estimating that the true death rate is nowhere near 6.7.  I don't think many people are comparing it to the flu at this point, but we need to start assuming some risk since that's part of life.

2 hours ago, Rizman said:

The writers of this article did not ask the question, what type of population was more suseptable to this disease?  

Of course not.  Fortunately for us, the data is out there to analyze ourselves and I sense people get it at this point.  The answer was never a one size fits all approach.  Though it wasn't popular to say a couple months ago it was true then as well.  Luckily states can compete with each other and learn from the different approaches.  People will put (or pull) their money where their mouth is.

Edited by Rocky Style