• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have another Aussie punter

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

I am thoroughly confused by this, CR ....

From the article I clicked on:

The same academy has produced current Bulls punter Trent Schneider, who has crushed the USF punting record book since coming to USF in 2017, including tying the record for longest punt at 72 yards. This news comes less than 24 hours after DE Tyrik Jones announced his intentions to transfer. Joey Knight of the Tampa Bay Times reports Stokes will be a January 2021 enrollee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

20 hours ago, puc86 said:

Unless Kathy Ireland is our new kicker I am inclined to be underwhelmed

Here you go a picture is worth a thousand words...She doesn't list kicker in her resume sorry. 

Kathy Ireland.jpg

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Here you go a picture is worth a thousand words...She doesn't list kicker in her resume sorry. 

Kathy Ireland.jpg

It’s From the cinematic masterpiece Necessary Roughness

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s From the cinematic masterpiece Necessary Roughness

Ha!! Forgot about that movie..Go Armadillos!!  I guess KI really can play "Foot----Ball"     Puc you are a fount of knowledge and apparently, movie trivia  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

So you go around touching red stove tops because maybe this time is different? Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and things most often have more in common with every other time you have encountered it than they tend to change. Like  lets take an example from me and my wife, every single day I ask her if I am allowed to have a girlfriend and every single day regardless of the changes in circumstances that have occurred from one day to the next she gets mad at me and we get in a fight. Now most days there are only slight changes to the day such as what she ate or watched on TV but even drastic changes like raises or pandemics seem to have little consequence on outcomes. 

I gotta tell you, I have really gotten on the puc train. This is **** I can relate to! I, like puc, am not overwhelmed either. But I'm also not really underwhelmed...I am sufficiently whelmed. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I gotta tell you, I have really gotten on the puc train. This is **** I can relate to! I, like puc, am not overwhelmed either. But I'm also not really underwhelmed...I am sufficiently whelmed. 

I think there is a coupon out there for.. 2 for1, buy one get one, counseling...May have been at Publix but what the hell might as well eat, shop and get some therapy all at once. Probably just victims of the cooped-up syndrome CUS it's been going around.   Oh and...Best of Luck to you guys on the "asking the wife if you can have a girlfriend".. I'm thinking it could be a non- issue????  It's probably at a higher level than telling the spouse to Calm Down...!   Oh well, Live and Learn. Remember, bruises and scars are just Life's Tattoo's...

Edited by BulledOver

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  482
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I think there is a coupon out there for.. 2 for1, buy one get one, counseling...May have been at Publix but what the hell might as well eat, shop and get some therapy all at once. Probably just victims of the cooped-up syndrome CUS it's been going around.   Oh and...Best of Luck to you guys on the "asking the wife if you can have a girlfriend".. I'm thinking it could be a non- issue????  It's probably at a higher level than telling the spouse to Calm Down...!   Oh well, Live and Learn. Remember, bruises and scars are just Life's Tattoo's...

Surely you are joking? No way you found puc to be serious? It was a comedic illustration of using the past as an indication of the future. Maybe you are joking now and I am dense? I'm so confused. 

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

Absolutely and I am hopeful improvements can be made, what concerns me is even if we have a charismatic coach, have dynamic players and win every game the ceiling seems relatively low and we are a loss or coach moving on away from complete collapse of the fanbase as we saw in CWT's final season. We need out of the AAC, that is the only reasonable solution that leads to sustainability of the program. We have the greater part of a decade that has established there is no market here for AAC sports and the community as a whole will never be passionate about facing these teams. 

I'll give you that. Our room for error in order to achieve something really memorable is razor thin. We simply can't lose a game. And if it were to happen, whoever the coach was that accomplished that feat would be snapped up faster than we could react and we're starting over. That is the current reality. But I do enjoy the process just the same and my passion for USF sports has been consistent from Sun Belt, to Metro, to C-USA, to Big East, and now AAC. I realize that puts me in a small minority group. Do I wish it were different? Sure, but I can't waste my time bemoaning it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

From the article I clicked on:

The same academy has produced current Bulls punter Trent Schneider, who has crushed the USF punting record book since coming to USF in 2017, including tying the record for longest punt at 72 yards. This news comes less than 24 hours after DE Tyrik Jones announced his intentions to transfer. Joey Knight of the Tampa Bay Times reports Stokes will be a January 2021 enrollee

Ah, got it. Didn't see that part. I was wondering if you were maybe referring to the new punter commit putting in some time at DE. He's the perfect size for a speedy edge rusher ...... Honestly, I don't think the two player movements are related, just coincidental. Punter just appears to be part of the 2021 signing class as an early enrollee.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

my passion for USF sports has been consistent from Sun Belt, to Metro, to C-USA, to Big East, and now AAC. I realize that puts me in a small minority group.

I think small is an understatement. More like minuscule ...... at least in here.