• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have another Aussie punter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Since 2012ish?

Don’t lie you know chuckles overwhelmed you with a sense of despair when he was coaching last season

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Don’t lie you know chuckles overwhelmed you with a sense of despair when he was coaching last season

As soon as I learned his last ditch plan involved poaching Valdosta coaches I knew it was game over and didn’t expect anything last season, that being said I was pretty pumped about getting Strong as our coach but I have since learned my lesson about having hope.32F649F9-9F1D-4252-A944-1A2CF360FE4D.jpeg.21a95541416ea8bc45a044ce8579efac.jpeg

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need good players. He is old 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, puc86 said:

As soon as I learned his last ditch plan involved poaching Valdosta coaches I knew it was game over and didn’t expect anything last season, that being said I was pretty pumped about getting Strong as our coach but I have since learned my lesson about having hope.32F649F9-9F1D-4252-A944-1A2CF360FE4D.jpeg.21a95541416ea8bc45a044ce8579efac.jpeg

You dwell alot on the past which has nothing to do with the present or future.

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thought it was a great show, too ...... until about 2 months ago.

Aint that the truth!

7 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You dwell alot on the past which has nothing to do with the present or future.

It’s the greatest indicator of the future 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It’s the greatest indicator of the future 

Disagree......every situation is different both in Sports and in Life.

Now a wise man did once say (or maybe its in the Bible) and I'm paraphrasing = that man is doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

Hopefully that is not the case for us. 

5 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Disagree......every situation is different both in Sports and in Life.

Now a wise man did once say (or maybe its in the Bible) and I'm paraphrasing = that man is doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

Hopefully that is not the case for us. 

So you go around touching red stove tops because maybe this time is different? Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and things most often have more in common with every other time you have encountered it than they tend to change. Like  lets take an example from me and my wife, every single day I ask her if I am allowed to have a girlfriend and every single day regardless of the changes in circumstances that have occurred from one day to the next she gets mad at me and we get in a fight. Now most days there are only slight changes to the day such as what she ate or watched on TV but even drastic changes like raises or pandemics seem to have little consequence on outcomes. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So you go around touching red stove tops because maybe this time is different? Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it and things most often have more in common with every other time you have encountered it than they tend to change. Like  lets take an example from me and my wife, every single day I ask her if I am allowed to have a girlfriend and every single day regardless of the changes in circumstances that have occurred from one day to the next she gets mad at me and we get in a fight. Now most days there are only slight changes to the day such as what she ate or watched on TV but even drastic changes like raises or pandemics seem to have little consequence on outcomes. 

Well changes have been made.  We didnt keep the same red hot stove.  

Its only fair to give this new regime a chance to prove themselves before declaring all out doom and gloom.  Dont ya think?

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

Well changes have been made.  We didnt keep the same red hot stove.  

Its only fair to give this new regime a chance to prove themselves before declaring all out doom and gloom.  Dont ya think?

Absolutely and I am hopeful improvements can be made, what concerns me is even if we have a charismatic coach, have dynamic players and win every game the ceiling seems relatively low and we are a loss or coach moving on away from complete collapse of the fanbase as we saw in CWT's final season. We need out of the AAC, that is the only reasonable solution that leads to sustainability of the program. We have the greater part of a decade that has established there is no market here for AAC sports and the community as a whole will never be passionate about facing these teams.